Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

"The Button" being unresponsive

Anders Hauge

Question

Hi!

I am using newest version of HC2 and have set up some buttons to control lights. But I'm experiencing that if the buttons have not been used for a while (like 2-3 hours and up), they don't respond. I have "lights on" programmed for 1-click, but I have to press "1-click" 4-5 times before it eventually reacts. When the button is alive and working, it's stable and works at once every time. Then, after being away for some hours, it's the same again. This goes for all my three buttons installed.

I have tried to set an "Wake up interval" in HC2, but that also seems to be buggy. I set it to 7200s (2 hours) and hit save, then the value changes back to 0. So it seems impossible to save and activate a "Wake up interval".

I have several more that I was supposed to mount, but I need to have this sorted before I implement more buttons...

Any help or tips will be greatly appretiated!! :-)

Regards,

Anders

5 answers to this question

Hi @Anders Hauge,

I'm really sorry to hear that your buttons does not work properly.

You can send them in under the warranty, I will send you the details via PM.

9 hours ago, Anders Hauge said:

I have tried to set an "Wake up interval" in HC2, but that also seems to be buggy. I set it to 7200s (2 hours) and hit save, then the value changes back to 0. So it seems impossible to save and activate a "Wake up interval".

With several devices set of wake up time did not worked for me. But you can try to set it on Master device. In BUI you will ge to general setting of your button and in url put ID of master (usually slave ID -1).

With that unresponsivnest. What happens when you push button? Will it says in UI "Communication OK" or something like that and nothing happen?

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • 28 minutes ago, jakub.jezek said:

With that unresponsivnest. What happens when you push button? Will it says in UI "Communication OK" or something like that and nothing happen?

When I go into eventlog in HC2 nothing has happened for the first tries. I press once, and wait 3-5 seconds. Nothing. Press once again, wait, nothing. And again. Then I pressed four times to "wake up", and that is the first event registered in HC2. That is registered as "four presses" and runs scene accordingly.

So I feel that if I could manage to set a wake-up interval, mabe the problem should be solved. I will look into if it works to look up the master device, and set wake-up there.

Update: I found the master devices as you said @jakub.jezek, by manipulating the URL with ButtonID-1. There I was able so set and save a wake-up interval. I have set it to 7200 (2 hrs) on all my three buttons and will report back how it goes.

Thanks!! :-)

Regards,

Anders

Edited by Anders Hauge

Guest calvin4000

Hi guys.... I have the same problem with 3 buttons.... they worked fine for a few days, then they started to sleep .... until I wake them up manually (4 press).... then they work again for a few hours and stop agin.... totally annoying

Any info about any mechanical problem or electrical bad contact ??? I'm also trying the wake-up interval with 7'200 (2 hours)... wait and see

Before, I was using Minimotes to run my scenes, and they worked flawlessly for ages...

Any idea would be appreciated

I had a same issue for quite a long time. Replaced Fibaro button to other brand and issue solved :-). See also this topic 

Please login or register to see this link.