Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Texecom Connect API

bwhight

Question

Hi all.  Does anyone know if the new Texecom Connect API is being worked on to integrate with Fibaro?

see here for more details: 

Please login or register to see this link.

Thanks

18 answers to this question

The topic has been moved from "

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".

• Inquirer
  • No, nothing conclusive. It's early days for Texecom Connect mind you, but from an untrained viewpoint it would seem to be a relatively straightforward integration to do. 

Thanks i have same setup and was wondering if anyone had done it. I dont seem to see any new plugins or updates

there will be no plugin from Fibaro to integrate Texecom (as Texecom provides Paid Services), you have to create VD (or switch to HC3 and create QA for even better Integration within Fibaro).

• Like 1

If you dont mind i would like to ask a quick question.

There are already 'texecom PIR Sensors' dotted throughout the house all which are connect to 'Texecom Connect'.  Instead of using 'Fibaro Motion Sensor' is it possible to access the 'Texecom PIR Sensors' and use these as the motion triggered events?

If it is possible how dificualt would you suggest it may be?

• Inquirer
  • 1 hour ago, Samuel_01 said:

There are already 'texecom PIR Sensors' dotted throughout the house all which are connect to 'Texecom Connect'.  Instead of using 'Fibaro Motion Sensor' is it possible to access the 'Texecom PIR Sensors' and use these as the motion triggered events?

I have been asking this same question for a couple of years now. Im not skilled enough to create a 'virtual device', but I would be happy to contribute to the development cost of one.

2 hours ago, Samuel_01 said:

Use fibaro universal sensor at system box to pick up all the triggers from pir, door sensors etc 

50 minutes ago, Al3x said:

Use fibaro universal sensor at system box to pick up all the triggers from pir, door sensors etc 

Hi Al3x,

Are you saying this method would work using texecom sensors.  Ive currently not got the Fibaro setup, so im new to the tech talk.  P.S Im a fast learner and can turn to pretty much anyting

1 hour ago, bwhight said:

I have been asking this same question for a couple of years now. Im not skilled enough to create a 'virtual device', but I would be happy to contribute to the development cost of one.

If its possible to make a virtual device to achive this.  I definently be making one! One way or another ahaha

5 minutes ago, Samuel_01 said:

Hi Al3x,

Are you saying this method would work using texecom sensors.  Ive currently not got the Fibaro setup, so im new to the tech talk.  P.S Im a fast learner and can turn to pretty much anyting

If its possible to make a virtual device to achive this.  I definently be making one! One way or another ahaha

i dont have the knowledge or skill to make a virtual device but if you use the fibaro universal sensor you can add it to the texecom pir and door sensors and use them like devices.

so all pir will appear just like motion sensors and same goes for door sensors etc. i also have one on my bell box so i know when alarm triggered. it only works as a reporting feature, you would need a VD to utilise the api .

the texecom api is very basic btw

I guess the 'Fibaro Universal Sensors' solve the problem but just at a more cost to the project.  Where a VD would be a cheaper and neater alternative.  Where did you put all the 'Fibaro Universal Sensors'  In a large junction box before the pannel ??

10 minutes ago, Samuel_01 said:

I guess the 'Fibaro Universal Sensors' solve the problem but just at a more cost to the project.  Where a VD would be a cheaper and neater alternative.  Where did you put all the 'Fibaro Universal Sensors'  In a large junction box before the pannel ??

the ones on top floor are in a junction box in the loft and the ground floor are before the system panel. i used the same sensor to get temp monitors in all rooms/ areas since the texecom system was providing the power. 

Someone has developed a plugin for texecom

"

A plugin for

that creates HomeKit motion, contact, smoke, or carbon monoxide sensors for alarm zones from a Texecom Premier intruder alarm via a serial connectionconnection or COM-IP module.

You can receive notifications, which can be set to work only when you're away from home:"

Ive been reading the guys notes who designed this plugin for apple homekit.  It seems that the texecom connect will only allow it to work through texecoms connect app.  He can get notifications and automations but this is only when the alarm is armed, and currently cannot figure out how to arm and disarm through home kit but this could be the limitations to apples

app

• Inquirer
  • 1 hour ago, Samuel_01 said:

Ive been reading the guys notes who designed this plugin for apple homekit.  It seems that the texecom connect will only allow it to work through texecoms connect app.  He can get notifications and automations but this is only when the alarm is armed, and currently cannot figure out how to arm and disarm through home kit but this could be the limitations to apples

app

That sounds a bit complicated. Anyone smart enough to build a VD with the texecom API? All I think we all want is for the VD to be able to see the live status of each alarm sensor. Needs to be a live link, so fibaro can then use the sensors for things like triggering lighting. 

• Like 1