Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

hc2 has stopped being able to add devices

Guest nohed

Question

Guest nohed

it seems that my hc2 has stopped being able to  add  devices, what could be wrong. I have reset both my hc2 and my devices

9 answers to this question

Guest nohed
  • Inquirer
  • it starts to count down as usual but how i push the devices  i do not get it to learn it has tested different devices   but the same

Hi @nohed,

I see you contacted our Support. In this case, please wait patiently for them to solve your issue.

I hope they will find a solution for your problem.

I agree with Mr. @I.Srodka but while you are waiting... Are you still able to exclude devices?

• Take any device. Included, not included or from a foreign network, reset to factory default or not reset at all is of no importance. You are going to try to exclude it, so ideally it is a device which you do not use right now. If you use the device, you can try this too but the device will be deleted from your controller. This might make you very unhappy.
    • Go to the Browser User Interface, then "Devices", "Add or remove device" then click on "Delete". The delete window pops up and the counter starts counting down from 30.
    • Click or 3-click the device button, as indicated in the manual of the device under the topic "inclusion". Different devices use different number of clicks, please check the manual.
    • About one second after clicking the device button, the timer should stop and the controller should say: "deleted" in the status window. If the counting does not stop, repeat the clicking.

If the countdown does not stop and instead keeps counting down to zero, you have a *really odd* problem. My guess is, only a difference in frequency or a defective receiver/transmitter could explain this behaviour...

I seem to have the same problem as nohed here. A few weeks back I was unable to add devices. Everything worked fine, but unable to add more devices.

I reset to factory default, but still unable to add devices. Also unable to delete devices, ass Petergebruers suggested (but I also deleted all my z-wave devices during the reset).

Hope to have this solved soon. :(

1 hour ago, BugBeetle said:

I seem to have the same problem as nohed here. A few weeks back I was unable to add devices. Everything worked fine, but unable to add more devices.

I reset to factory default, but still unable to add devices. Also unable to delete devices, ass Petergebruers suggested (but I also deleted all my z-wave devices during the reset).

Could you see if you can create a virtual device? 

2 hours ago, BugBeetle said:

more than a month all devices what I added was added via two steps:

1) first step add device (not ending - infinity loop)

2) after 1st step we have an unrecognized device - it's ok (sarcasm) 

3) enter into this device and press button "software reconfiguration"

here is an example: :)

1 hour ago, AutoFrank said:

Could you see if you can create a virtual device? 

I can... Now and then fibaro devices can be added (smoke sensor, wall plug), but they had been added before.

I have some Aeon Labs Multisensors 6 and door sensors that can not be included.

Very strange behaviour.

@10derWhen I click Add and the counter starts running, nothing happens. :(

Edit: I'm a moron: I did not know I had to delete devices before being able to add them. Weird deleting them did not work before, but now everything finally works again. In my first install I used new devices. Now I am trying to add second hand devices. I was not aware I had do delete them before being able to add them.

Edited by BugBeetle
    I'm a moron
    • Like 1

On the conterary: If you'd been a morom you'ld still be struggeling with those previoulsy included devices. This particular issue is something everybody working with Z-Wave have had to learn.

• Like 2