Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC2 Compatibility Danalock 3

MaTi

Question

The Danalock 3 with Z-Wave support has been released.

Before actually buying one, can someone please confirm compatibility with the HC2/HC-lite ?

Im having problem with Danalock v3 not reporting back to Fibaro that its unlocked/locked when locking with Danalock app or is it me misunderstand function? Do i have to add a parameter to get real status of the doorlock?

Edited by Teddan

I also see that the communication between the lock and Figaro seems slow and unreliable. 

I was assuming it was related to missing possibility to set poll timing.

I would like the lock to push message z-wave to Fibaro when operated by app or manually.

Exactly what i want to do, found this Danalock parameter guide and locking with bluetooth or z-wave is same notification.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

From The beginning my lock show If i used a key or The danalock app like this. But no more  :(

I asken Dana about it and they tell me its in my hc:2.

From The beginning i installed The lock wrong and The hc:2 shows manually locked. Correct installed an no manually info....

Please login or register to see this attachment.

So have I, too no avail.....

I might sit down and have a go at it during the coming weekend :-)

Hello guys,

Does any of you have problem with betteries in Danalock? Customer of mine said he has to change them after 3 days.

Yes! Batteries are faulty. Mine also died in a week. I got email from the supplier, they will provide new batteries to distributors / resellers.

—————

Please login or register to see this code.

• Thanks 1

Dear Danalock User,

We have unfortunately received a bad batch of batteries, and unfortunately your lock contains these batteries.

As the batteries will drain quickly we wish to send you new batteries.

With this batch there is a minimal risk of overheating, and we therefore request you to remove the batteries from the Danalock, and wait for the new batteries to arrive before you continue to use your Danalock.

Please forward your address to 

Please login or register to see this link.

and we will send you new batteries. The new batch of batteries will arrive next week, and immediately after the reception we will ship out new batteries to the address you provided.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience, but we are sure you will be very happy with the Danalock going forward with new batteries :-)

Thank you.

"Besides the bad batteries, we discovered a minor bug in the Z-Wave FW that prevents the Danalock to go to sleep, which means the battery will drain very fast. With these two issues combined the batteries will most likely drain within 14 days on locks with Z-Wave – 1-2 months for BT locks. 

This is very unfortunate and frustrating, and we hope for your help to exchange the batteries. We will receive a new batch of batteries next week, and we expect the new FW to be upgradable from the app at the same time."

• Thanks 1

Wow, thank @janton and @Soft for very valuable information.

But since mine customer rotadet 3 sets of batteries through Danalock, i think he has faulty device :/.

Agreed

On the topic of controlling the device remotely,

this might be a way to do geo location control:

Please login or register to see this link.

The FW is wrong to it doesent go to sleep, this is how to upgrade

with android

1. Download and install the Danalock Toolbox App from Google Play Store. Open the app when the installation has completed. While the app is open, your phone will
continously search for a lock in firmware upgrade mode.
For Android users
V3 Z-Wave Firmware Upgrade Guide
2. Start the Danalock in firmware upgrade mode with the following steps: Turn the Danalock off by removing a battery. Hold down the button on top of the Danalock with a paper clip or similar object. Turn on the Danalock by reinserting the battery while holding down the button. The Danalock will light up purple to indicate that it has been turned on in firmware upgrade mode.
3. In the Danalock Toolbox App, the grey teminal area will switch from scanning to showing a description of the latest firmware version available. Press “Upload New Firmware” in the buttom of the screen upgrade the Danalock firmware.
4. The firmware will now be uploaded and installed on the Danalock. The Danalock will light up blue while connected to your phone. You can follow the progress in the percentage bar in the terminal window.
5. When the firmware has been installed the Danalock will turn off for around 30 seconds while applying the firmware installation. When the Danalock finishes it will light up white. Please don’t touch the Danalock until the setup has completed.
Danalock Toolbox
6. After completing the firmware upgrade the Danalock has to be calibrated again.

And this with Iphone

1. Go to App Store and download nRF-Toolbox from ASA.
3. Go to Danalock.com/manual-upgrade and download the latest firmware file.
For iOS users
V3 Z-Wave Firmware Upgrade Guide
4. When the file has been downloaded, choose to open the file with nRF-Toolbox. If the nRF-Toolbox app is not recommended for opening the file, press “More” and select the nRF-Toolbox among the options. Make sure that your phone has Bluetooth turned on.
2. Start the Danalock in firmware upgrade mode with the following steps: Turn the Danalock off by removing a battery. Hold down the button on top of the Danalock with a paper clip or similar object. Turn on the Danalock by reinserting the battery while holding down the button. The Danalock will light up purple to indicate that it has been turned on in firmware upgrade mode.
5. The nRF Toolbox will open in “DFU” mode. Press the “Select Device” button, which will show a list of devices. Choose the device called “dfuDanaDevice” and press “Upload”. The firmware will now be uploaded and installed on the Danalock. The Danalock will light up blue while connected to your phone.
6. When the firmware has been installed the Danalock will turn off for around 30 seconds while applying the firmware installation. When the Danalock finishes it will light up white. Please don’t touch the Danalock until the setup has completed.
7. After completing the firmware upgrade the Danalock has to be calibrated again.

Hi fellow Dana-lockers,

It seems to be awfully quiet around this topic, hopefully - now we are 2 months further, these is some feedback to gather:

my 2 cents:

• Inclusion was not so smooth, took me a couple of times to include it by pressing the button on the device itself
  • Communication between the Fibaro HC 2 and the Danalock v3 is sometimes tricky, sometimes there is an delay and sometimes it reactes instantly. My experience is when I include it again or do something with the configuration it seems to be working perfecly, after a couple of hours or days it starts to bug again and does not close or open when I call it with a LUA scene.
  • I do get notifications when someone manually opened or closed the lock, this is no problem for me. (Magic scene, because block-scenes dont work)
  • Block-scenes still dont work with HC 4.150, I made a simple LUA scene " fibaro:call(xxx, "secure");" which I call from a magic scene and did the same for a notifications.
  • Batteries ran dry fast, after update this is solved.

I've read a couple of you reporting some of the same issues/observations, but apart from that, I cannot find a lot of these arguments.

Hopefully, someone can reply.

Regards,
Peter

My experience is that we try to use it with BT, and Fibaro as backup.

But BT does have the same issues, reconfigure and then a week later, no connection, auto unlock is not working, and have to re-configure.

Tried Apple Watch with Fibaro widget, that was working, so wife have secondary option.

Considering getting a cheap tablet or phone to run Danalock Bridge on.

Hello guys,

Feedback from field:

• We had to upgrade Danalock via Android app, because of battery drain.
  • After that we were unable to add Danalock to Danalock app (talking with Danalock about this).
  • Now, promoter uses HC2 as a mandatory for Danalock control.
  • After some time of no activity, there is certain delay to lock it.

Feedback from customer:

Customer discovered that he has problem with devices visibility, while Danalock is in FIbaro system.

Can you see history of changing states of Danalock and other devices in Event panel, while you have Danalock in system?

I can see a lot of events, but no Lock/Danalock events at all

Just checked, and the lock is supposed to log events, strange..

I assume HCL will work the same way, only difference is LUA ?, isn't it ?

Edited by Soft

Hi

And how about  Danalock 3 compatibility with HCL ?

Do you have any expericence with this?

So guys, after some analysis , this is what I'm facing right now:

- Everything works fine after I just ''calibrated'' the danalock with the danalock App. (I use the manual calibration) setting start - and endpoint.

- I test this by using the bluetooth app which represents the correct state the danalock is in, and it reacts to my inputs by bluetooth app.

- Tests with the HC2 by performing simple scene's using LUA also work fine. They actually work pretty fast (faster than Bluetooth).

problems

After some time (no matter if I use it like 100times to test or 20 times during regular use, the delays come in and sometimes it doesnt even react anymore

Also the state it sends to my HC2 is the incorrect state and simple notifications also represent wrong statusses.

Now when I use the bluetooth app, it doenst get the correct state. It keeps saying it is closed while it actually is open, when I press the button it try''s to open it...

Do you guys experience the same? Or do I have a faulty model?
I have used the last 4 firmwares and no luck with them.

Edited by petervanderpol

My experience exactly, seems ok after a calibration, then after some time, it all goes slower, and in the end, needs to re-calibrate.

The other issue I have is that auto unlock only works with my iPhone, not the wife's iPhone.

using the app to unlock works on both.

And yes all settings are exactly the same, including notifications