Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC2 Compatibility Danalock 3

MaTi

Question

The Danalock 3 with Z-Wave support has been released.

Before actually buying one, can someone please confirm compatibility with the HC2/HC-lite ?

34 minutes ago, Soft said:

My experience exactly, seems ok after a calibration, then after some time, it all goes slower, and in the end, needs to re-calibrate.

The other issue I have is that auto unlock only works with my iPhone, not the wife's iPhone.

using the app to unlock works on both.

And yes all settings are exactly the same, including notifications 

Somewhere I'm glad that you are experiencing the same, but actually i'm not... i was starting to hope I have a faulty model but it seems not the case...

Here's a small movie of my Danalock when it is just calibrated... it was not entirely working as it has been since there was some delay in notifications. Normally it will also send an notification when i manually turn the danalock into a certain state:

Edited by petervanderpol

Hi,

but that looks quiet good to me. The delay appears later?

But first of all thank you for that kind information. I like to order also the new V3 z-wave but i will cancel it so far.

If this is a general fault, has anybody ask Danalock about?

On 10-1-2018 at 10:29 AM, ggoetz56 said:

Hi,

but that looks quiet good to me. The delay appears later?

But first of all thank you for that kind information. I like to order also the new V3 z-wave but i will cancel it so far.

If this is a general fault, has anybody ask Danalock about?

The delay is there later, in this case it happened within a day. I will make a video later today how it is operating (it is actually not) now. 

Hi all, 

First of all, sorry for the bad video quality.

On the January the 9th, I showed a video of the correct working Danalock v3.

In this video I show you how my Danalock v3 NOT works after an 'x' amount of time. This usually happens in 1 or 2 days after 'calibrating' the Danalock v3 using the App.

As you can see, the Bluetooth is not showing the correct state, by pressing the lock a couple of times using the app, it still is not showing the correct state.

Also, the commands using the Fibaro scene's don't work anymore.

After showing this incorrect behavior, I do a new calibration and the Danalock v3 works just fine. 

I've reproduced this over 5 times now and I keep getting the same results.

Hi Peter, I can suggest that you make a magic scene with simple lock and unlock,

Two different scenes.

Then you add them to the widget on ios. 

Then you can swipe to the right to see them. They will work for weeks. 

You will need to run it before you normally do, it takes 15 seconds before the lock unlocks

6 minutes ago, Soft said:

Hi Peter, I can suggest that you make a magic scene with simple lock and unlock,

Two different scenes.

Then you add them to the widget on ios. 

Then you can swipe to the right to see them. They will work for weeks. 

You will need to run it before you normally do, it takes 15 seconds before the lock unlocks

Hi Soft,

Thank you for the suggestion, but I don't see what your suggestion would fix.

What you are saying is 'exactly' what I'm doing, but with LUA scene. (and they work instant, even faster than the App itself)

The problem is that the lock doesn't work with a scene, with direct commands or with the bluetooth app after a couple of days. It is just not working until it gets re-calibrated.

I had the same problems, but after I made the magic scene, and we stopped using BT, it seems to be consistently working.

I don't known what the difference with a LUA script and magic scene is.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

2 minutes ago, Soft said:

I had the same problems, but after I made the magic scene, and we stopped using BT, it seems to be consistently working.

I don't known what the difference with a LUA script and magic scene is.

Hi Soft, 

Ok, good to know and valuable information. 

I will try using the magic scene's and report back.

We never used the BT, in this case it was just used to make sure it was not just my Fibaro system.

I noticed you have Android, so you don't have the widgets the same way 

As you can see all OK after 14 days for me now. I do agree it should not be like this.

Wife demanded a keypad to use code to open the lock, but she is happy now. 

Hi there,

I want to share my experence with my Danalock v3 on the HC2 v4.160. The first day I did have some issues. My door mechanism is very old and not Always consistent with regards to the turns it makes to lock and unlock. Also sometimes there was some kind of resistance in the mechanism causing to activate the Danalock's safety circuit. So I decided to replace the mechanism in the door and after that did a calibration. Everything is running perfectly now, but I have the feeling that you should avoid different sources of controlling the lock.

If I combine z-wave, Bluetooth and manual lock/unlock, then sometimes the lock will stall.

When I only trigger the Danalock via the HomeCenter 2 mobile app on both IOS and Android, I experience 100% reliable use of the lock.

I trigger the lock via Lua in scenes using fibaro:call("deviceID", 'unsecure'); and fibaro:call("deviceID", 'secure');

Further I trigger the lock via Magic scenes created by the Fibaro Keyfob configuration. Block scenes are not working because you can not select the Danalock. The work around is to create to simple scenes in LUA one to lock and one to unlock. These two LUA scenes can be succesfully used in Block scenes with no limitation.

In my case it seems that the Danalock app (IOS) is not fully stable and  is causing most of the unpredictable behavior of the Danalock. So I avoid the Danalock app and only use this app for calibration.

Kind regards,

Edited by Langedijk

21 hours ago, Langedijk said:

Hi there,

I want to share my experence with my Danalock v3 on the HC2 v4.160. The first day I did have some issues. My door mechanism is very old and not Always consistent with regards to the turns it makes to lock and unlock. Also sometimes there was some kind of resistance in the mechanism causing to activate the Danalock's safety circuit. So I decided to replace the mechanism in the door and after that did a calibration. Everything is running perfectly now, but I have the feeling that you should avoid different sources of controlling the lock.

If I combine z-wave, Bluetooth and manual lock/unlock, then sometimes the lock will stall.

When I only trigger the Danalock via the HomeCenter 2 mobile app on both IOS and Android, I experience 100% reliable use of the lock.

I trigger the lock via Lua in scenes using fibaro:call("deviceID", 'unsecure'); and fibaro:call("deviceID", 'secure');

Further I trigger the lock via Magic scenes created by the Fibaro Keyfob configuration. Block scenes are not working because you can not select the Danalock. The work around is to create to simple scenes in LUA one to lock and one to unlock. These two LUA scenes can be succesfully used in Block scenes with no limitation.

In my case it seems that the Danalock app (IOS) is not fully stable and  is causing most of the unpredictable behavior of the Danalock. So I avoid the Danalock app and only use this app for calibration.

Kind regards,

Hi Fellow dutchie, :D

I totally agree with all of your points, exactly how I experienced it and my setup is apart from the keyfob, the same.

I don't use the Danalock app, I've used it only for demonstration and indeed, the calibration.

Question:

Do you use your regular key of manual operation from inside?

Thanks!

Regards,
Peter

Hi Peter,

I am able to use the key and manual locking from the inside, however this will sometimes cause confusion in the lock status to my HomeCenter.

Most of the time this will correct itself after a HomeCenter command. For stable operation I try to avoid any non HomeCenter instructions untill future firmware improvement to the lock and/or full device template support in the HomeCenter. So for the time I only controll my lock via the Fibaro App.

Regards,

Menno

hi all

plz, I'm totaly newbie.... after trying to add Danalock V3 I've 2 devices. Danalock device doesn't work - not possible to operate lock itself and also change of lock status doesn't respect the actual state of the lock

I've tried to do partial reconfiguration - failed. Full reconfiguration - probably is in "frozen" state, cause it says "already in process of full reconfiguration". Remove of device in learning mode doesn't do anything (changed the time to 60 seconds). Tried "enforced" remove - not possible, try remove in Learning mode.

tried 1st remove the "unassigned", tried also 1st Danalock..... nothing works.

Thanks for any hint

Zdeněk

Not to sure here, but you need to include it with security, and before you configure it in the danalock app

The lock is available since 3 generation and Fibaro does not improve the support ...

Regretful having to turn on non Zwave solution like Nuki ...

Dear all,

It has been a while since I've posted here, in the meanwhile I've had extensive contact with my supplier (

Please login or register to see this link.

- Superb service :) ).

I've had great support so far, supplier is in contact with Danalock and they are trying to work things out.

After sharing my information here together with the video's I made, Danalock decided to send me a complete new model to try.

First things I found out is that the sound between the 2 devices is different, the new lock sounds less 'Mechanical'.

Second is that this lock actually give's me feedback  when it reaches a Closed or Locked state by turning it manually. (My first lock did that in the very beginning but it stopped giving me this signals.)

Still, if you send to much signals at the same time (I experience this with both locks) it stops reacting for a short time. after 1 or 2 min it shows the correct state and works again.

I'm going to test this lock again and fingers crossed that I had a faulty model.

BTW: The new firmware (4.170) states that the Blockscenes should now work with doorlocks.

"- Problem with block scenes for door locks."

Edited by petervanderpol

@Soft the problem is that actaully I can't remove the lock from Fibaro.  I did reset of the lock, but from Fibaro can't delete the lock. The learning mode doesn't work (doesn't matter what time I set) and "force" says "use learning mode".....

1 hour ago, zdenek said:

@Soft the problem is that actaully I can't remove the lock from Fibaro.  I did reset of the lock, but from Fibaro can't delete the lock. The learning mode doesn't work (doesn't matter what time I set) and "force" says "use learning mode".....

I assume you have tried this?

Z-Wave add/inclusion and remove/exclusion

To add or include the Danalock into a Z-Wave network

1. Set the controller in inclusion mode

2. Push the switch once.

3. Wait 5 seconds.

To remove or exclude the Danalock into a Z-Wave network

1. Set the controller in exclusion mode

2. Push the switch once.

3. Wait 5 seconds. 

@Soft yes. Didn't help :-( with the Danalock App it works OK. Just with Fibaro I can't get it working....

thanks

On 4/3/2018 at 10:01 AM, zdenek said:

@Soft yes. Didn't help :-( with the Danalock App it works OK. Just with Fibaro I can't get it working....

thanks

Hi,

got mine today after long following the forum on the matter, felt safe, but got stuck with almost same situation... seems like zwave module on danalock is not working like it should (updated firmware to latest after playing with HC2 inclusion), somekind zwave communication problems...

For exclusion found just a one way: remove batteries from lock, do force removal on HC2 on both elements of lock, restart HC2, reset lock and you can try again.

Without batteries removal HC2 gets some communication and does not remove lock, asks to use normal exclusion whitch does not work. sometimes just learning error...

However Danalock app itself works fine, even you can start zwave inclusion from there, but will stuck half way like with normal HC2 inclusion... lock just gets its id and nothing more, can not add parameters, no templates or possibility to create one from the button aso.

Will look at it tomorrow with distributor.

Is there a danalock FW/Chip difference now as older ones seem to work, or is there some problems with 4.180...

Has someone sucessfully included danalock in 4.180? Feedback on it appreciated.