Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

How trigger notification from Wallplug by powerloss?

Harraball

Question

I have bought the Home Lite system and try to program the fridge wallplug to send a notification by loss of power. By use of graphic blocks programming I don't get the option to write the notification. By use of the Magic scene interface I've tried using parameters: power less than 1W and change in state as triggers for the notification, but nothing happens when power is cut. What do I do wrong? Greatful for your help :-)

5 answers to this question

This will never work, the wall plug itself needs the power to send the message, so if you cut the power to wall plug itself, it is no longer able to send a message.

Would be possible with a UPS and some 'special' setup, not using a wall plug, but e.g. a relay switch input monitoring the voltage and sending a message when the input S1 or S2 is going low. Not so straight forward, but should work. A door sensor with en external dry contact would also do the job, but make sure you have enough isolation between the AC and the input of the door sensor.

Can make a sketch if this would help of both proposals, just let me know

Edited by kunoch

it's not that hard

ups for hcl and a 12vdc for fibaro ubs

one 230vac relais, connect the relais to the ubs and .... done

Edited by akatar

I think maybe I have solved this... Maybe! Haven't doen much testing but in the little testing I have done, It works!

So what I did was go to parameter 15 on my Wall Plug and set it to "1" so it measures the consumption of the Wall Plug as well as the equipment thats plugged into it.

Then under Configuration > Z-Wave Network I checked of the "Polling dead devices:" box.

Then I made a Scene where I said that IF Wall Plug drops under 0.1W THEN send Push to Phone.

If the Wall Plug goes dead, the HC2 will still pull data from it, but since it dose not get an answer it will set the value to 0W, and then my Scene gets activated.

As my polling time is 125 Seconds, it will only take 2 minutes before I get a notification about the dead Wall Plug.

With this I can get notifications if some parts of my house loses power. If the whole house looses power, then I would get nothing since the HC2 is dead as well. But that can be solved using some power backup on the HC2 and the equipment that runs my internett :)

Hope this helps!