Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Phillips hue stopped working after power out

nickmc

Question

Hi everyone,

It appears my hue lights are not responding to any scenes after the HC2 and hue hub had a power outage.

is there an easy way to reset this? I dont want to create new bulbs with new device ID's because then i will ave to change all my scenes :(

Thanks in advance!

6 answers to this question

Hi @nickmc,

Did you setup your Philips HUE bridge to static IP address? If you didn't then most probably it changed IP address and HC cannot communicate with HUE bridge any more.

You can set static IP address on HUE bridge with original app by first tapping Settings then Hue bridges. You will then see your bridge so tap i on it and then Network settings. Turn off DHCP and type in IP address. Netmask and Gateway you remember from before.

NOTE - It is important that you type in IP address that is not within range of DHPC server so you will need to check that range. In most cases DHCP server is run on internet router that you get from your ISP. Other way is to bind HUE bridge MAC address to IP address on router so that it gets alway same IP address.

After you set HUE bridge to static address you will need to copy this address to all Philips HUE virtual devices or set it up on plugin on your HC. After that they will start working again.

• Inquirer
  • Hi @Sankotronic,

This is very good advice!

Do you know a way to find out what the OLD IP address was?

That way if I set the hue ridge to the old ip address, all should work again?

@nickmc,

If you want to keep old IP address then you should bind HUE bridge MAC address to that IP on the router DHCP server if there is that option. I still don't know what do you use VD or plugin on HC to control HUE bridge. But old IP address you can find there. Check either on general tab of the VD or open plugin master. I don't use plugin and don't remember but I think that IP address should be shown on plugin master device. Usually that is the first one added to HC and looks same like others just doesn't control any bulb.

• Inquirer
  • Hi @Sankotronic,

I am using the plugin. 

Your trick worked, i just updated the hue bridge IP address, throgh the hue iphone app, to the old IP address, and now the devices all work :)

Thanks for your help! I appreciate it :)

• Inquirer
  • Hi all!

I am using the plugin, and it has stopped working again :(

The IP address on the hue bridge and in the pug in match again, but still not working :(

On 11/30/2017 at 2:08 AM, nickmc said:

Hi all!

I am using the plugin, and it has stopped working again :(

The IP address on the hue bridge and in the pug in match again, but still not working :(

Did you try to restart HC2? I had similar problems with HUE plugin in the past. Just stop working. Sometimes rebooting HC2 helped and sometimes stopped working shortly after reboot. I deleted HUE plugin and use Philips HUE VD for long time without any problems.