Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[REQUEST] Ability to stop device stuck in reconfiguration loop

AutoFrank

Hi @T.Konopka

I would like to request the capability be able to stop a long running device reconfiguration.

I had a device this morning that appeared "not configured" after a routine backup and I started a soft reconfiguration.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

It is now continuous and I cant stop itself

This capability could added in a number of different ways...

• Explicit capability to stop a device reconfiguration.
  • Timeout set on the configuration process that automatically stops after a set time (5 or 10 minutes)
  • ... perhaps there are others...

Thanks

Edited by AutoFrank

I do not disagree with your request, but what happens if you go to devices, add or remove, delete and do a proper delete (exclusion)? No force delete! I think it cleans up the mess, doesn't it? If the 5th LED is stuck on, you might need a reboot before you can do that. And if it does not clean up the mess, I think you can force delete the device... Or am I wrong?

Edited by petergebruers

Few times i had unconfigured device, that couldn't be excluded and the reconfiguration was endless... After several days of reconfiguring i had to force delete that device... This happend to me with Fibaro AND non Fibaro devices...

1 minute ago, Bodyart said:

Few times i had unconfigured device, that couldn't be excluded and the reconfiguration was endless... After several days of reconfiguring i had to force delete that device... This happend to me with Fibaro AND non Fibaro devices...

Thank you for chiming in. I'd say after 4.110 this happens a lot more than previously. Not that I'm adding or deleting on a daily basis, but when I try my old ZME_WALLC-S it is bound to fail and cause all sorts of issues.

Did you try to "exclude" your stuck device before you resorted to "force delete"? Did you ever see a status message "NOP  sending succeeded"?

I've tried to exclude the device before forcing it, but without success. Although status message was after forcing it "Device deleted successfully", but after reboot of HC2 the device appeared again in the GUI. I've observed thid strange behaviour about 3-4 times since december 2016 when i started with HC2 on FW 4.111.

@Bodyart thank you for elaborating. So you also think the problem was introduced about a year ago... Hmmm. I think it is no problem if you "force delete" the device if it comes back after a reboot. As long as you first do a proper exclusion it is OK!

41 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

@Bodyart thank you for elaborating. So you also think the problem was introduced about a year ago... Hmmm. I think it is no problem if you "force delete" the device if it comes back after a reboot. As long as you first do a proper exclusion it is OK!

I presume most of us that have been around for a while have ended up in situations solved elegantly and not so elegant... I believe on one hand that Fibaro slowly is helping us out building solutions into their FW, at the same time I have observed that problems like unconfigured devices lately has been overrepresented compared to earlier times. What I do like to see is a little bit more of the status of the z-wave mesh. At present it is dark matter for most of us most of the time

• Topic Author
  • 3 hours ago, petergebruers said:

but what happens if you go to devices, add or remove, delete and do a proper delete (exclusion)? No force delete! I think it cleans up the mess, doesn't it? If the 5th LED is stuck on, you might need a reboot before you can do that. And if it does not clean up the mess, I think you can force delete the device... Or am I wrong?

Thanks @petergebruers

In the case the device still exist and I can try an exclude / include to see if it will stop the reconfig loop

• Topic Author
  • 56 minutes ago, AutoFrank said:

In the case the device still exist and I can try an exclude / include to see if it will stop the reconfig loop

@petergebruers

No luck with that ....

Still stuck in the loop :-(

-- update

A force delete stopped the loop

Edited by AutoFrank

Same problem here. Stuck in reconfiguration, which I tried to get the battery reading right.

Also with a Z-WAVE ME wall C.

I get more and more the feeling I should abondon those devices :(

Will try now to exclude and re-include.

Edit:

Works again. I imported last backup before I did the reconfiguration.  Before I did so I created a new one, just in case.

There i recognized that the switch was missing. After restore of version from 2017-09-17 all back to normal, as if there was never an issue.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by kroeatschge