Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Reboot HC2 if there is no network access

Flash226

Several times a month my HC2 looses its connection with the Internet. After the controller reboots, the internet is again available for several days. The Netatmo sensor is integrated in the heating system. If there is no access to the Internet, the heating system does not work correctly. I need a scene for the controller to automatically reboot if there is no access to the Internet. Search on the forum did not give anything. Maybe someone has a similar scene?

@Flash226

Hi

You'll probably need two parts 

1) A method to monitor the internet. The lan or wwwapi monitor vd can do this for you. You'll find details in my signature

2) a scene to reboot where your hc2 when the internet is detected offline. You can also add in here other conditions/ restrictions before the reboot is triggered which may helpful. 

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • I added [VD] - WWWAPI Monitor {v1.0} and now I can use the Internet status. Using the command

Please login or register to see this code.

I can reboot my device. Thank you, you made my day.

@Flash226, A word of caution with this...

You'll need some extra code/checks to stop your HC2 continually rebooting if the internet stays offline for a period of time

A minimum would be a delay so you can log into your HC2 to stop either the scene or the wwwapi vd 

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • I made a check every half an hour, if within 2 hours the Internet is not available then we overload the controller. After restart we again observe 2 hours. 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
    On 10/8/2017 at 10:32 PM, Flash226 said:

I made a check every half an hour, if within 2 hours the Internet is not available then we overload the controller. After restart we again observe 2 hours. 

Is it still working flawless?

I have a similar scenario, could you share the code and setup?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Topic Author
  • On 10/5/2018 at 9:05 AM, Spindel said:

Is it still working flawless?

I have a similar scenario, could you share the code and setup?

Everything is working. The problem with network availability for me has disappeared.

The launch of the scene is done through the main scene at intervals of 30 minutes.

You also need to create a predefined variable "WEB" with data "Off_1" "Off_2" "Off_3" "Not_Work"

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• 4 months later...
    On 10/8/2017 at 9:45 AM, AutoFrank said:

@Flash226

Hi

You'll probably need two parts 

1) A method to monitor the internet. The lan or wwwapi monitor vd can do this for you. You'll find details in my signature

2) a scene to reboot where your hc2 when the internet is detected offline. You can also add in here other conditions/ restrictions before the reboot is triggered which may helpful. 

I've done all that; what Fibaro owners really need is a set of competent software engineers working for Fibaro to build a proper product that doesn't lose it's connection to the LAN nor to the Internet (like ALL of my 20 or so devices connected to my home network), instead of the bunch of total idiots that are currently working there!

On 10/20/2018 at 6:24 PM, Flash226 said:

Everything is working. The problem with network availability for me has disappeared.

The launch of the scene is done through the main scene at intervals of 30 minutes.

You also need to create a predefined variable "WEB" with data "Off_1" "Off_2" "Off_3" "Not_Work"

Hello Flash,

Thank you for this, I was looking for something like that.

Just a couple question: are you sure that the predefined variables are "Off_1" "Off_2" "Off_3" "Not_Work". Because in your scene the variables called are "Off_1" "Off_2" "On" "Not_Work"

Moreover, in the fields fibaro:getValue(424, "ui.Label1.value") is "424" the ID of the WWWAPI monitor device? Because in my setup that ID is 110.

Just for informations :). Thank you for your great work!!

• 1 year later...

I keep running into this problem of network connection loss. I've never messed with variables or virtual devices and not sure how exactly to implement this, is there a quick guide I can follow to do it?