Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Few questions from a new user (how to trigger a scene from a widget)

The Don

Question

Hell All! I am a new user to Fibaro... so far so good... A few questions though... 

1. How can I set a widget (iOS) to toggle a device? I assume create a scene, but scenes need trigger, there is no "button" trigger as sone other systems have... 

This would allow me to toggle a specific device on and off from iphone today screen 

2 .I'm not quite sure what a virtual device is, seems like just devices that are IP based? 

3. Do not understand variables panel... I can create them IE: Alarm is armed... but doesn't tie into anything... 

4. Will the alarm, ARM itself if I have created a GPS zone or will I need to create a scene to ARM and DISARM the system.. 

Thanks, I appreciate the help! 

3 answers to this question

Welcome to the club. Some answers to your questions you might find in the cookbook (see signature).

The first one you might be able to solve with a VD (Virtual Device)

Feel free to ask again, that is what the forum is made for.

I have never tried with GPS zone, but I assume you have to create a scene to check IF you are leaving the zone and THEN do something to arm the system.

Edited by kunoch

• Inquirer
  • 8 hours ago, kunoch said:

Welcome to the club. Some answers to your questions you might find in the cookbook (see signature).

The first one you might be able to solve with a VD (Virtual Device)

Feel free to ask again, that is what the forum is made for.

I have never tried with GPS zone, but I assume you have to create a scene to check IF you are leaving the zone and THEN do something to arm the system.

Thanks for welcome.... I reviewed a lot of this information but still have the initial questions... 

ASLO 

I'm not really loving the iOS app so I'm also using Imperihome and my locks are not showing up on there, the thermostat isn't showing up either. The way fibaro handles the thermostat in the iOS app is strange.  

REALLY digging a lot of this system though so any help would be greatly appreciated! 

I am using (trial) imperihome as well and VDs are really strangely represented and basically work with a VD having a single button only. Thermostats I would say are unusable (danfoss)

This would allow you to create a VD with a single button. This button calling a scene, toggling the device. Calling the scene does not need a trigger, as you call the scene from the VD, but you need an IF. Follow the description in the cookbook: Virtual Device calling a Specific Scene

The scene could look like this and is called then from the VD. Make sure the scene is not automatically run. All check boxes unchecked in the General tab of the scene:

IF (device is ON) OR (device is OFF) THEN (toggle the state)

For all the other items regarding iOS, I can not help as I work on Android. On the Android Fibaro App the 'only' strange thing about the thermostats is that half Centigrade lead to red bars.