Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Door/Window Sensor FGK-10x wakeup every 4 min

ToKaDe

Hi all,

I installed a FGK-10x door/window sensor and included the device into my smarthome appliance (fhem). Everything works fine, unless that the sensor wakeup about every 4 minutes. I already changed the wakeup intervall, but nevertheless the wakeup occurs every 4 minutes.

Anybody can tell me what is wrong or how I can change this behavior, cause I fear that the battery will be emtpy soon.

Configuration:

Please login or register to see this code.

Here is a part from the log:

Kind regards 

Torsten

• Topic Author
  • Yes I did.

Also checked with reading the wakeup intervall value, that the new value was set in the device.

Even after a reset and new include the behavior doesn't change, while the default value is 21600 (also verified by reading)

Might the device be broken?

• Topic Author
  • Hi, the wake intervall value changed, but the behavior of sending a wakeup notification every 4 minutes didn't changed

Just now, ToKaDe said:

Hi, the wake intervall value changed, but the behavior of sending a wakeup notification every 4 minutes didn't changed

I have never heard of such behaviour, so I am beginning to think this is a controller issue. What controller is it? You seem to have nice log files... When you set a different value (3604 for instance), within 4 minutes do you see the sensor wake up? Followed by the transmission of the new value? Did you try to wake up the sensor manually?

4 minutes ago, Bodyart said:

@petergebruers,

as i understood from the OP, it is

Please login or register to see this link.

:-)

I read that first post and I did not understand it. Thank you, now I get it. I learn something new here every day. :-)

No, I am not going to check "fhem", my head would explode. Too many controllers... :-(

Just now, petergebruers said:

No, I am not going to check "fhem", my head would explode. Too many controllers... :-(

Since i have only two of them, Fibaro HC2 and Athom Homey, i'm going to check this one. Just installing already Perl on my Windows machine. Hopefully it'll work with my Aeotec Z-stick gen5 :-)

@Bodyart Super! I ameout of ideas!

Here is one last long shot. Did the OP set parameter 52. Interval of temperature reports, to 240 seconds? Technically, that is not a wakeup, it is an "unsolicited report", but since I do not know how fhem enters that in the log file, it might be possible.

The only ways to find out are: z-wave sniffer or logging battery consumption (takes some effort... need sufficient time resolution).

• Topic Author
  • Hi all,

the parameter for the TemperatureReports is set to 0, as far as the device reported to the contoller after inquiry. 0 should mean no report at all... and there is no temperature sensor installed at all.

Regards 

Torsten

@ToKaDe Thank you for trying, it was a long shot anyway!

The only explanation I can think off is this: your controller sets the default wake up time to 4 minutes (at inclusion time). Then, for some reason, when you change it the device does not receive or does not accept the new value (3600). It might seem impossible but I own a very old Everspring Motion Sensor and it does not accept parameters from my HC. Parameters and wake-up are different things, I only want to say weird issues exist...

It could depend on the firmware version of your FGK-10x - do you own different firmware versions? Also please not the device has 2 hardware variants, a Z-Wave and a Z-Wave Plus version.

Would it be possible to look at the "definition/template/configuration database" of that device? Maybe your controller has some sort of configuration file?

Is it possible to exclude (and maybe factory reset it, although that should not be necessary) and include the device, then look at the log if your controller sends COMMAND_CLASS_WAKE_UP with parameter WAKE_UP_INTERVAL_SET and 3 bytes (integer, time in seconds). In fact, before your controller sends anything it should ask for a Wake Up Capabilities report which contains minimum, maximum and default interval.

Out of curiosity... Does the sensor accept wake up = 0? That means no periodic wake-up, but wake-up at each report.

• 4 weeks later...

Reviving this sleeping topic... Did anybody find out what's going on with the 4 minute reporting?