Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Single Switch FGBHS-213 v1.0 installation issues

gallaxya

Hi All,

I recently bought 2 Fibaro Homekit enabled single switches.

Tried to install one of them behind one wall light switch.
The light switch is "ON/OFF" type and contains 2 wires: a live one and a neutral one.
I split the neutral one in 2 using a 3 line connector similar to the video in the presentation of socket installation and connected one to the N terminal of Fibaro and the other one to the Q terminal.
The Live connector goes to L terminal (next to Q) and the switch itself is connected to the second L and the S1.
The pairing is successful with Homekit but the device will switch On the light and the will disconnect quickly.

The app shows "connection fault"

Any input on this situation?

Hi @gallaxya,

Could you post a screenshot, where does this prompt show up?

connection fault

Secondly, could you post a photos of your wiring and how did you connect it?

At this point it is also important to highlight that if your not sure of your electrician skills, you should ask for a certificated electrician.

If this prompt Connection Fault showed up in Apple's Home app, it does not concerns your wiring connection but the communication with module.

• Topic Author
  • Hi,

This is a photo without the actual socket:

The neutral one goes up into the 3 way connector 

The live one goes into the L next to Q

The ON/OFF switch is missing but it was connected as mentioned in the next L and the S1.

All is tested with special pen and Voltage Meter.

Are there any other aspects that might hinder the functionality?

The error occurs in the Fibaro HK app but it does not remain because I can switch it on again but it will automatically turn off in a second.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

@gallaxya, according to a photo, your wiring seems to be incorectly wired (

Please login or register to see this link.

). Why is N connected with Q?

You should have there 3 wires. Live (L), Neutral (N) and Output do your controlled device (Q).

• Topic Author
  • So I am missing here something:

In the wall socket I have only 2 wires: the Live one and the Neutral one which are normally connected to the existing switch.

In the diagram, the L Wire clearly connects to the L terminal.

However the existing Neutral wire should go to Q or N?

And after that, the output to the device is an existing wire or ?

In a socket installation clearly there are 3 wires one being the grounding, but here in a switch one I only have 2.

Thank you very much!

Rergards,

Aurel

@jakub.jezek

as according to this diagram Q&N are connected to the same N :?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

It seems that you don't have the Neutral wire in your wall socket.

You can connect the Switch directly before the chandelier, the lamp, on the ceiling.

@gallaxya,

Connect existing Neutral (N) to N terminal.

That crossed Circle in wiring scheme is some controlled source, such as light, wall plug, etc.

I recommend you consult an electrician who is licensed to perform work in your country.

The following is a summary of how a normal installation is done in Australia and should not be taken as professional advice or recommendations (consult an electrician) : A normal 2 wire switch installation does not have a neutral, just and active and switch wire. Testing with meter and light pen will make the switch wire "look" like a neutral but it is not. The neutral will be on the other side of the load and is not present at the switch. If your switch connected live and neutral without a load, the magic smoke would appear and maybe even the magic flames.

For your own safety and that of your family, please seek professional electrical help, the risks of getting it wrong can be severe, even fatal.

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • Lovely answers!

Fixed without magic smoke and other magic whatsoever.

Regards

Aurel

• Topic Author
  • Unfortunately the fix was a shift in purpose, so instead of mounting the relay behind a light switch, I placed it behind a wall socket as described in the tutorial and it works perfectly.

Great response time in a HomeKit environment.

The fix would have been to have a real Null cable but the hassle of doing that was not worth it.

11 minutes ago, gallaxya said:

The fix would have been to have a real Null cable but the hassle of doing that was not worth it.

Yeah, such change in electrical installation could be really too much for now.

12 minutes ago, gallaxya said:

it works perfectly.

Great response time in a HomeKit environment.

Yeah, I have similar feeling.

• 4 years later...

I had a license electrician wire my HomeKit fibaro single switch to light. All connected seamlessly but stopped working after a very short time and could not reconnect. Restarted wifi and seemed to fix it, was working perfectly but then again after a short while stopped working, will not connect to the app or home kit. It seems terribly unreliable.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks