Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Reading values out of the Heating Panel

Edwin1972

Question

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a way to compare the values of a room's temperature sensor to the desired temperature in the heating panel of that room.

Because my house has many rooms, I have no thermotats just fibaro motion sensors in every room wich can tell me the temperature. Each radiatorvalve is controled by an relay. 

There are 2 pump groups for 4 zones. 

I created a heating panel but that can only control thermostats. I would like create something that, for a given time, compares the actual room temperature too the set room temperature in the heating panel. That way I can controle the valves and pump relays accordingly.

Is there a way to find/call the values of a specific room in a heating panel from within a scene or virtual device?

Many thanks

6 answers to this question

@Edwin1972,

I have similar setup, each room has temperature sensor and each heating circuit has electric driven valve.

It is easy in Fibaro to create associations between the temperature sensor and the valve which is driven electrically to create virtual thermostat for the room.

You have to go to associations panel (second from bottom) and there is a field to create heating association (first from the top).

I have Polish interface so I am not sure if the naming convention I quote is accurate.

• Inquirer
  • Thank you for this possible solution. This is an option if all the valves were z-wave enabled. However to reduce the cost and the lack of coverage in the basement,  I use 3 ethernet relay boards (Robot Electronics ETH-008) (total of 24 relays) wich I control through a virtual device (accessible with a scene). Therefore I need to use a scene or other VD that can compare the values of my sensors with the heating panel. I think.

Hi !

This is my code for that purpose :

Please login or register to see this code.

Edited by ojc
    Spelling Error

Hi @Edwin1972

Is this the sort of thing that you're after?

Please login or register to see this code.

I was able to cobble this together from various bits of code that I had lying around :-)

Dave

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1

@Dave Harrison

The code you provided is exactly what I was looking for. That saved me several hours of life ;)

I tested it and it looks it does not recognize if the manual setting is requested form the mobile device (eg, to raise the temperature at XX C for YY hours).

The heating device is ON for the set period but the values read from the heating panel do not show the requested rised temperature.

Are you aware of this ?

On 11/10/2017 at 11:41 PM, gucio1234 said:

I tested it and it looks it does not recognize if the manual setting is requested form the mobile device (eg, to raise the temperature at XX C for YY hours).

The heating device is ON for the set period but the values read from the heating panel do not show the requested rised temperature.

Hi @gucio1234

Hmmm...not sure.  I can't even get the current version (1.18.0.1) of the Android application to update the heating panel using the options within the Climate/Zones section of the app.

You could always try my 

Please login or register to see this link.

.  That works for me.

Dave