Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Change tampered status of Door/Window sensor

leotoni

I have four door/window sensors that work with Apple HomeKit. I have had to replace the batteries on all of them. Now they all show as  “Tampered” on the Home app. How can I change the tampering status from “Yes” back to “No?”

Thanks!

Hi, @leotoni!

Welcome to our community!

First of all, it is important to know if you have our app for HomeKit devices installed?

Please login or register to see this link.

I couldn't trigger this trigger alert in Home.app:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

But when it appears in our app:

I took the batter out and in again (the same battery, not a new one):

And this tamper after some acknowledgement alerts, disappeared.

• Topic Author
  • Attached is a screensho of what is displayed when I open the details of the devices on Apple’s Home app.

Thanks!

Thanks @leotoni!

This Tampered value is "cleared" when this hidden button is clicked/pressed:

Then, this status cleared after a few seconds:

• Topic Author
  • Thanks. Unfortunately, all of the sensors are already taped to the windows. I have tried pressing them against the window, which seemed to push that button on two of them, but not on two others. Would I have to remove them from the window? I hope not.

Did you try to pull gently away from the window, wait a little bit and then push harder so that it feels that is pressed again?

• Topic Author
  • I have concluded that the problem that I have with two of devices is the not the tamper button on the back, but on the inside of the device. It seems the cover does not push the button down firmly enough and therefore there is a tendency to falsely report that the cover was opened.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I had exactly the same problem before with tamper button inside of the device. I put a tiny layer of a tape on inside of one side of the cover and that was enough to fix that problem. Definitely the cover doesn't push that button enough or the button itself is not sticking out enough.

Both the cover and tamper button are made of very tiny plastic and after using the button and removing cover several times everything become very loose so maybe in next version Fibaro can fix this by making a bigger button or make one side of the cover some kind thicker and harder.

Please login or register to see this code.

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...

i do have the same problem on three door window contacts i just installed. What can i do? it seems that the pastik cover is not pressing the tamper alarm. As soon i do press it manually the status is on normal. As soon as i do put the plastik cover on again it goes on tamper alarm. So the plastik housing seems not to fit 100% to the main system and this is why the tamper alarm has been triggered. Or? What can i do?

Cheers Kim

• 4 years later...
    On 1/4/2018 at 6:08 PM, mszfcz said:

I had exactly the same problem before with tamper button inside of the device. I put a tiny layer of a tape on inside of one side of the cover and that was enough to fix that problem. Definitely the cover doesn't push that button enough or the button itself is not sticking out enough.

Both the cover and tamper button are made of very tiny plastic and after using the button and removing cover several times everything become very loose so maybe in next version Fibaro can fix this by making a bigger button or make one side of the cover some kind thicker and harder.

Please login or register to see this code.

Edited by Tiggs
    text size