Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Floor plan view

Pulsedriver

Is there any chance that Fiibaro HC2 will include 'Floor plan view' in the future?

It is much easier to use layout with floor plan of the room (on each iPad you can select view for room it is in) that can be customized.

Like software in attachment:

- simple interface with background (can be floorplan from Floorplanner, Paint, Sketch,...)

- icons (scenes, lights, sensors, ...) freely arranged on the screen

- this example is web interface (the same view on Windows, iPhone, iPad, Android,...) but there is also App

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I had this setup working many moons ago with a webserver and api calls to the devices. It's doable without Fibaro supporting it, but painful and a lot of work... then after a couple of updates, and home renos a year later it got too hard so I canned it.

See also :

and Q2 Item 16 here :

And here :

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_05_2016/post-2986-0-97651800-1464585758.jpg" width="465" data-fileid="12055" />

;)

Cheers,

al.

Keep wishing, hoping, and asking. You'll probably never see this feature request implemented in the tablet app.. it would be a great addition though!

• Topic Author
  • I bought HC2 and now I realized it is easier to push switches than using Fibaro.

At least one iPad layout should be fully customizable  - like 'Home'... but really full customization.

Or one customizable layout with links to another customizable layouts (in that case everything important is no more than 2 clicks away).

Not only 6 buttons - I don't need digital clock in every room (I have it on wall) and big sun or clouds(I have windows for that).

And in 'Rooms' big temperature with Fire animation - get serious: 17 deg. in garage and Fire animation?

I can't imagine how to:

- use customized scene buttons that must be 1 click away (home, away, night...)

- and then change RGBW light or shade one window (of 7 in the same room).

It is just too many buttons compared to other systems.

If now Floorplan, at least that should be implemented.

I think that is not so hard (in already 'Home' uses lite version of customization).

Before buying I was misleaded by this text to buy the wrong system:

New command post for your home will be the FIBARO app, which layout and functionality depend on your decisions. You can create and modify tables, icons, names in such a way that you will always have those most important on tap. User-friendliness and flexibility of FIBARO app will make your intelligent system operation easy and straightforward.

there is a company that designed a software with app for both apple and android, that allows you to create the "floorplan" layouts or anything like what you're talking about.  the company is called openremote.  they sell their software to companies, but give a discount code of "free" to individual users.  the program allows you to add any background and place buttons or shortcuts to create what your talking about. there are some users on the forum here that use it and love it, but for me, it would take more time that i want to put into it to accomplish a floorplan interface on a tablet.  

there is a lot of examples of what others have done on youtube.

• Like 1

+1 for also being annoyed by the lack of quick access buttons in the main menu of the app. Openremote is not really an alternative, unless you have a decent designer with you + 100 hours of spare time :-))

Exactly my thoughts on openremote. It looks like it needs way too much labor for an app to control a few lights and handful of other things....

• Topic Author
  • There is a hope :)

From their answer I understand that if there is enough wishes, they can do it.

I am new on Fibaro forum - so I don't know if their answers are real or just to divert users.

But if you are also interested in such functionality I think the right way is to let them know.

Each of us - more wishes, more chances.

Fibaro Tech Support emails sumarized:

Thank you for this email.

We are analyzing every new feature and we implement in order of receiving them.

Usually improvements are added once a while, sometimes even couple of months from receiving them, so please be patient.

Such feedback is priceless for us, thanks to them we know what kind of functionalities are required bu our Customers.

To be fully honest, It will take a couple of months, For solution – if they will review it positively (and such review can also last few weeks).

I will wait for some time and if there is no chance, I will go for another system with Floorplan included. After checking I find OpenRemote much too complicated to use. Since there are other systems that include that and they are easy to use.