Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

FGMS-001 Motion Sensor Temperature Peaks

sirKitKat

Question

My motion sensor (FGSM-001) sometimes gives peak temperatures. It looks like this is some quirky bug in the software.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

This would bother me that much if the Home Center would not send me messages like this:

Important! Sensor Sas temperatuur detected high temperature. It may mean potential fire.

My suggestion: When an extremely high temperature is detected (parameter that could be set per sensor or globally) the sensor should double check the temperature and also increase the frequency to send temperature readings to the home center (when there is a fire, there is no need to save on battery). The home center should analyse the results and send a notification after several hight temperatures are received or when no communication is coming after one hight reading.

Also, when a warning is send out, but after the one (or more) hight readings, the temperature dropped back to normal temperatures, a new notifications should be send out to tell the users that it was a false alarm.

3 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, sirKitKat said:

My motion sensor (FGSM-001) sometimes gives peak temperatures. It looks like this is some quirky bug in the software.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

This would bother me that much if the Home Center would not send me messages like this:

My suggestion: When an extremely high temperature is detected (parameter that could be set per sensor or globally) the sensor should double check the temperature and also increase the frequency to send temperature readings to the home center (when there is a fire, there is no need to save on battery). The home center should analyse the results and send a notification after several hight temperatures are received or when no communication is coming after one hight reading.

Also, when a warning is send out, but after the one (or more) hight readings, the temperature dropped back to normal temperatures, a new notifications should be send out to tell the users that it was a false alarm.

I agree any false alarm creates “boy who cried wolf “ syndrome. The last thing you want to read when your away from home or on holiday just because of one spike in the system

While you make great suggestions, I think none of them are going to be implemented anytime soon...

So what can we do about it?

I have always wanted to try this, but I currently do not have this problem. Exclude the sensor, and then include it but this time as "secure". After inclusion, a padlock symbol on the device confirms it is in secure mode. If the problem goes away, it was a communication issue (for example: interference). If it does not go away, we can rule out communication (because secure mode, as the name implies, protects the communication against tampering an thus also against interference). I think a communication problems is a more likely cause than a faulty temperature sensor, and secure mode is relatively easy to implement. I know, you'll have to fix up the scenes with the new device IDs and that is a nuisance...

hey guys,

did you try to exclude and include again in secure mode?

I did with mine and couldn't get it included in secure mode.

Meanwhile I have doubts it supports secure mode.

I have a version 2.8 motion sensor.. first generation.

BR - kro