Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[SOLVED]Single Switch - S2 not working

mobbie

Question

Hi All,

I need some help with a single switch - I had an electrician install the switch, and its pared correctly and works fine via the software.  On the physical side, I have two physical toggle switches.  The one that is connected to S1 works fine.  The one connected to S2 does nothing.  In both cases they are wired as per the diagram within the manual, ie second L out to the L of each of the toggle switches, and then from each of the toggle switches to S1 and S2 respectively.

This is the only one I have in a two physical switch configuration, all my other ones (dimmers, single and double switches) only have single toggle switches using S1 each time - hence not sure if its just config?

Ie: Left side is house wiring, right side is Fibaro Switch

L ------ L

N ----- N

"lights" ----- Q

Switch 1 Constant -------- L (second L port on the Fibaro unit)

Switch 1 'Switch' --------- S1 (this one works perfectly :))

Switch 2 Constant ------- L (exactly the same as switch 1)

Switch 2 'Switch' -------- S2 (does nothing, when I rewired it into S1, as a test,  the switch itself works fine)

Is there a configuration I need to do to make S2 act the same as S1?

The unit is a Fibaro Single Switch 2.

Regards,

Mobbie

3 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • ok think ive solved it by just doing a dual switch configuration into s1.  ie two physical switches in a two way setup connected to s1.

So is there a way to make s2 act the same way as s1 if required.  ie do local switching?

Hello,

If you have FGS-213, then S2 is ment to be scne controller or you can control associated devices with it.

You could do a scene, that could control output (Q) controlled by S1. It could be like: If S2 pressed 1x, then Toggle Q.

Regards,

Jakub

• Inquirer
  • thanks @Jakub.jezek yep I worked that out after so ended up rewiring the physical switches into a two way switch connected to s1, so all worked after that :).

Just when I always looked at the wiring diagram, I (wrongly) Assumed that you wire the physical switches 1 into s1 and physical swtich 2 into s2 to give you two way switching :)