Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[SOLVED]MS6 Parameter 41 Threshold change in temperature to induce an automatic report.

10der

Question

FIBARO! when you fix this bug!?!

2 years....

Please login or register to see this image.

Edited by 10der
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, mainnsto said:

Does this need that Fibaro must update the template for MS6 in order for us to be even able to update the parameters within HC2.

If you disable the template, you should be able to add/set the value, but the manual is very unclear on how to to that. I have done some quick tests on my MS6 FW 1.11 and here are the results:

The size of P41 if "4d" (4 bytes). If you have never changed it, the value of this parameter is "1310976".

I have reverse engineered that value, and I came to this conclusion: the formula to calculate p 41 is:

Please login or register to see this code.

To test that, we can reverse the formula to check what the default reported by my MS6 (1310976) means:

default reporting threshold = (1310976-256)/655360 = 2 degrees celsius. Check!

Suppose you want 5° C limit: (5°C) *655360 +256 = 3277056

Quick test to see if the sensor accepts this value:

[21:35:53] ID 1337: Set parameter 41, value = 3277056
[21:35:53] ID 1337: Received parameter 41 report, value = 3277056

My MS6 indeed accepts this value! Now I have to test if it really limits the reports.

It works with p41 calculated to have a threshold of (°C):

But it does not work with:

Which leads me to think firmware 1.11 does not accept values < 1.0....... which is not mentioned in the manual.

It would be great if someone could confirm this formula.

Edited by petergebruers
  • Like 1

Nice detective work!

I am however scared about setting all parameters manually though, never tried without template. Do I have to configure them all separately, or can i leave the ones that work in the template somehow? 

3 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

If you disable the template, you should be able to add/set the value, but the manual is very unclear on how to to that. I have done some quick tests on my MS6 FW 1.11 and here are the results:

(..)

8 minutes ago, mainnsto said:

Nice detective work!

I am however scared about setting all parameters manually though, never tried without template. Do I have to configure them all separately, or can i leave the ones that work in the template somehow? 

A sensor rejects invalid parameters, so if you try some random value it will probably just revert back to the previous value, unless that random value, by sheer luck, would be somehow "valid". Always check the status window (top of HC) to verify the reported value and always refresh the page after that.

You can switch off the template because all parameters will be there, and you can see the converted values. Turning off a template does not reset or change parameters. You can also re-enable the template after the change, but then P41 won't display properly (again) - but it will keep the value you last set.

EDIT:

If you want to reduce the reporting of the MS6 please also check p 42 = humidity threshold. It might be at "0" which means it can report humidity with intervals between only 30 - 120 seconds (mostly reporting due to noise). You probably do not need that. So try "5" or "2" for p42. I saw this on my network and it was confirmed by at east two other users.

Edited by petergebruers

Firmware 1.11 does not accept values < 1.0.

This is the most important information!!!
I spent days to set it to 0.5 Degrees - obviously without luck
I even opened a support ticket but I did not receive that info from support.

FYI, this is still the case in June 2023 with Aeotec latest Firmware V 1.15

@

Please login or register to see this link.

Thank you so much for posting this👍

Best regards
Jürgen

PS: Thanks to home automation
"My life got so much better"😁