Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Toggle latching relay with momentary switch (german: Stromstoßschalter & Taster)

Shindy

Hey all,

is there a solution from Fibaro to make a standard latching relay solution work with HomeKit?

My setup is a room with two momentary switches (german: Taster) to control the main lighting over a latching relay (german: Stromstoßschalter) in the fuse box.

Regards

Shindy

Hi @Shindy!

It's possible to connect Fibaro Single Switch (HomeKit version) to a momentary switch (it's a single switch so, one module per switch, or bridged, but then you change the status of both switches).

However, I don't understand to full extent what you mean:

2 hours ago, Shindy said:

My setup is a room with two momentary switches (german: Taster) to control the main lighting over a latching relay (german: Stromstoßschalter) in the fuse box.

We do not advise to bypass any fuses or et cetera.

If you are not sure about this type of connection, please consult it with some qualified electrician who should be able to assess the risk and the legality of this solution at your particular case by looking at our manuals and diagrams.

EDIT:

I've made a little research and I think it is quite possible.

• Topic Author
  • Thanks for your answer!

The switches in the room mentioned above are not the standard On/Off switches. I mean the switches where you give a impulse to the latching relay (and this relay is turning the lamp on or off) and the switch turns back to its initial state (optical). Or do I understand something wrong?! Is the Fibaro Single Switch not working with simple On/Off switches?

EDIT:

See attached screenshot. This is what I asked for. (don't know if the symbols and stuff are internationalized) 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by Shindy

17 hours ago, Shindy said:

Is the Fibaro Single Switch not working with simple On/Off switches?

That's not what I said : )

Fibaro Single Switch works fine with simple on/off switches.

Moreover, it will work with your setup, with your case (as depicted in wiring diagram), but there probably will be problems with lack of up-to-date status of the device and power metering will be also unable to function.

Hello @Shindy, here you are. This is exactly what I have done in my electrical cabinet and replaced a Schrittschalter.

make sure to configure the S1 of the FGS-2XX as momentary in parameter 13 (Value 0) and parameter 14 (Value 0) to interpret the S1 .. S3 as momentary switches.

Now every pressing of the S1..S3 inverts the state of the output Q of the FGS-2XX. I assume this is what you are looking for

Stay safe!

Edited by kunoch

Hi @kunoch!

Thank you for your input.

It is worth mentioning that @Shindy asked for HomeKit version. But as you mentioned Parameter 13 (in Z-Wave version), it is also possible to change that in our Fibaro for HomeKit devices app:

But that's also a good and alternative solutions. 

I was talking about the solution in which his latching relay stay in place.

Your solution where Fibaro Single Switch replaces it is also very good. 

It depends on the needs of @Shindy ; )

• Topic Author
  • Big thanks to both of you! I will check with my electrician when the switch(es) has arrived :)