Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Net.FUdpSocket () in scenes

MAM78

The Net.FUdpSocket () function exists only in VDs and is not available in scenes.

Would it be possible to integrate it in an upcoming update?

Hi @MAM78,

Thank you for your suggestion. However, it is not possible to assess what you mean and why would you needed it.

Could you suggest a more meaningful context or an example of a scene you would like to do?

• Topic Author
  • @I.Srodka

My need is to write to a syslog file on a Synology nas to archive messages and perform statistics on these messages.

This writing goes through a scene called from many other scenes and virtual devices. It centralizes all requests to send messages. It is called by the execution of this instruction:

fibaro: startScene (id_Scene_Syslog_Message, {{sev = "warning"}, {orig = "Test Syslog Message"}, {mess = "Text for to warning"}})

So I have to go through a virtual device that I call from my scene that centralizes the messages, since Net.FUdpSocket () is not available in scenes.

So, in the case of many requests to send simultaneous messages, the virtual device can not handle the volume of requests and I lost messages that does not arrive on my NAS.

I do not understand why it is not possible to add this function in the scenes. Could you explain to me?

I think that many of us would be very interested in this development which would greatly simplify our development.

Edited by MAM78

5 hours ago, MAM78 said:

@I.Srodka

So, in the case of many requests to send simultaneous messages, the virtual device can not handle the volume of requests and I lost messages that does not arrive on my NAS.

I do not understand why it is not possible to add this function in the scenes. Could you explain to me?

I think that many of us would be very interested in this development which would greatly simplify our development.

+1

Since as mentioned above Virtual device cannot has more than one instance and in case of multiply requests many of them are lost, so all Net.Fxxx  functions should be available at scenes as well.

Or at least VD should be upgraded to handle more that one request in a time.

By the way why print() function doesn't work at VD? it's standard LUA function... 

Edited by cag014

For create universal scene to control for ex MilightLED and not create many virtual copy of VD and after this edit for any rooms. One universal scene called by many simple VD is Mach better. 

• 9 months later...