Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Get current set-temp from heating panel into a scene

NilsAsp

Question

Hi I have Heat-it thermostats controlling floor heating in all rooms. What is the best way to link these to an external temperature sensor (e.g. a fibaro fire alarm or motion sensor) – AND get it to work with the heating panel? (Some of mine Heat-it thermostats are mounted on the outside of the actual room. Leaving me we no other option than using the floor sensor integrated in the floor.)

The easy way to do this would be to use the Linked Devices function (under panels), but this is only able to control on/off switches (not turning the heat-it thermostat on/off or a VD doing the same thing), right?…

I guess the way to go, would be to use a scene with the external temp sensor as a trigger, the current set-temp value from the heating panel as a condition, to control a VD turning the Heat-it on/off (30/5degrees set-temp)

My struggle is to get the current set-temp from the heating panel into that scene. Any ideas on how that could be done? Thanks..

Edited by T.Konopka
Wrong category. There is no solution to share. Please, read desciprtions and rules of categories.

2 answers to this question

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".

Hi @NilsAsp

Take a look at 

.  There is an example scene in this post which fetches the heating panel set temperature for each room.

Dave