Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Random switch failures on Double Switch 2 (FGS-223)

Guest PedroRS

Question

Guest PedroRS

Hi guys,

From 1 year ago I have installed in may home five FGS-223 controlling all light and ALL of them are having the same issue.

Randomly they don't react to physical switch request. It means I manually turn off or on the light and the status is not changed (and no noise form the relay).

Sometimes second attempt is working fine but few time I need to switch tree times...

All are working as:

Switch Type 2 - toggle switch (device changes status when switch changes status)

Operating mode - Standard operation

Other configurations are basically default ones since I'm not controlling scenes, etc.

I'm using Zipato controlled, but it's directly controlled by the module as far as I know...

Any idea about the root cause?

Thanks for your support !!

55 minutes ago, Robb said:

That makes sense thanks

Out of interest does anyone know if the single switches FGS-213 share the same fault? I want to put a motion and light sensor in the garage that will turn on the main lights but don't want the same problem with the single switch as I have with the doubles when using the physical switch. Thanks

FGS-213 works fine for me for few years....

Guest PedroRS
  • Inquirer
  • Look at this brand products:

Please login or register to see this link.

Tomorrow is good day (11.11), but I’m not sure about Fibaro controller compatibility.

I’m currently using OpenZwave with Home Assistant and they’re working perfectly. Even without the milliseconds delay we have in Fibaro double switch.

Thanks I'll take a look. They are very sensible money tomorrow!

I use smartthings as my hub so there's every chance there will be a device handler for them out there

On 11/10/2019 at 2:00 PM, PedroRS said:

Look at this brand products:

Please login or register to see this link.

Tomorrow is good day (11.11), but I’m not sure about Fibaro controller compatibility.

I’m currently using OpenZwave with Home Assistant and they’re working perfectly. Even without the milliseconds delay we have in Fibaro double switch.

Had a bit of a look at these, unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any device handlers written by anyone for use with Smartthings so think I'm best sticking with the Fibaro modules, its just a shame they have this random switching issue!!

1 minute ago, jack.daniels said:

Single Switch 2 works flawless for me

Perfect, sounds like the Single Switch 2 is as reliable as the Dimmer 2 and my FGS-212 Relay then!

It's a shame the Double Switch has these issues, as they are actually quite a lot cheaper than the single switches on Amazon anyway!

Hi,

just thought that I would give an update on this. I have an email from Fibaro Support saying they have reproduced the issue in their lab and are now working out how to fix it. I just hope it’s a firmware issue...

Regards

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Andrew Lockhart said:

Hi,

just thought that I would give an update on this. I have an email from Fibaro Support saying they have reproduced the issue in their lab and are now working out how to fix it. I just hope it’s a firmware issue...

Regards

Same issue here on all of my Double switch.

hope fibaro will release a firmware upgrade also on SmartThings hub.

thanks

If it is a firmware update, I can see those of us who use SmartThings clumping together to buy a Fibaro hub to swap between ourselves and update the firmware!

Guest PedroRS
  • Inquirer
  • I see all of you so excited...

My expectation to receive a software upgrade to solve this issue is not high... frankly speaking.

Anyway hope it can arrive.

Fortunately I have a friend with Fibaro controller.

Otherwise forgot to have a way to update it!

Merry Xmas guys!

If you want to make the firmware update more likely then raise a support issue and post the number on here. I’ve not seen one other person do this.

Mine is  #169058, the person I have been taking to that has been most helpful at Fibaro is Daniel Janczak

Yeah it would be handy! If this does get fixed and any members want to sort something that involves getting a hub together then count me in I would love to get this issue fixed, anything that make my smart home tech more reliable and stops my mrs moaning about why we don't just have a normal light switch / system!

33 minutes ago, Andrew Lockhart said:

If you want to make the firmware update more likely then raise a support issue and post the number on here. I’ve not seen one other person do this.

Mine is  #169058, the person I have been taking to that has been most helpful at Fibaro is Daniel Janczak

Email sent to fibaro support confirming this is not an isolated case, I will post my support number once received

On 12/24/2019 at 10:05 AM, Andrew Lockhart said:

I haven't received anything back on my case yet (not that I expected to due to the time of year) but just checking did you just send an email to support or go through another process? I cant see any sort of form to complete on the website it just seem to link you to sending fibaro an email

On 12/24/2019 at 11:24 AM, marco87 said:

hope fibaro will release a firmware upgrade also on SmartThings hub.

? a ha ha

yes, you can update FW for device on SmartThings hub, sure...if you remove this device from your hub, added dive to any HC2/HCL 

Fibaro do not provide any updates for any 3dparty zwave controllers and 3dparty zwave devices. 

Hello all and happy 2020.

i have no news from Fibaro on my support case. and you?

regarding Firmware upgrade, should be possible to buy a HC, connect as a slave hub to SmartThings , update the relays and then disconnect the HC.

in that way you should be able to upgrade all, without exclude your Zwave devices from your primary network.

Hi,

I originally raised a few support issues, each time their normally processes didn’t solve the problem, so they agreed to ‘repair’ the unit. I explained that this would solve the problem as it happens on all my devices. However I went along with it. When the ‘fixed’ unit was returned I set up a video camera showing their fixed unit still showed the same problem and then their service department that fixed the unit confirmed there was an issue and that they are trying to figure out how to fix it.

I’ve been talking to Daniel Janczak about this at [email protected], he knows the details and has been very helpful.

if you have a support issue open it might be worth asking them to talk to him.

Regards