Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Replacing battery on Fibaro door sensor

gotlandix

Question

Hi all,

I got a notification from my door sensor the other day that battery was low and should be replaced. So I opened the door (i.e the magnet was away) opened the sensor and changed the battery.

Now I thought that should do the trick but I'm still getting notifications that battery level is low and that it should be replaced.

So, then I tested to do a soft reconfiguration and restarted the HC2 but still the same notifications.

What shall I do, I dont want to conduct a full reset of the device as I then have to re-do the scene. Or is this the only option to have it fixed?

Thanks for your help :)

9 answers to this question

Hi @gotlandix!

42 minutes ago, gotlandix said:

What shall I do, I dont want to conduct a full reset of the device as I then have to re-do the scene. Or is this the only option to have it fixed?

You can try removing and inserting battery again. But wait a good couple of seconds in-between.

Guest Sarzeau

Hi, my door sensor (version1) got lost after battery change. Soft reconfig, reset, new battery: nothing works. Tried to rest and include it again (after force-remove), no way to get it work again. By the way: the plastic cover doesn´t stic to the sensor, very poor quality!

Can anybody help me to get it back to function?

I would be grateful for any hint, actually it´s just a 50€ piece of plastic...

Thanks!

TT

On 1/21/2018 at 7:13 PM, Sarzeau said:

Hi, my door sensor (version1) got lost after battery change. Soft reconfig, reset, new battery: nothing works. Tried to rest and include it again (after force-remove), no way to get it work again. By the way: the plastic cover doesn´t stic to the sensor, very poor quality!

Can anybody help me to get it back to function?

I would be grateful for any hint, actually it´s just a 50€ piece of plastic...

Thanks!

TT

hi Sarzeau,

the door sensor in my house self-disconnected from the HCL some time ago and it does not connect anymore. Reset plenty of times but no hope to have it connected. It does just read the door position but no communication to the external world.

I wrote to Fibaro service asking what to do because it is still (for the time being) under the warranty, but no answer received.

Yes, also in mine the plastic cover has no quality at all. Actually just open to insert the battery when bought and then it does not close correctly to press the internal tmp button. Very poor.

50 EUR spent for that device is almost 10 times its real value.

Really bad, do I have to spend other 50??

• Inquirer
  • Hi Sarzeau and Flowy,

If you are using HC2 (function should be available also in other controllers) you can choose the option to "Remove a unit" it's under the same section when you are trying to include a unit.

Push "Remove unit" and click three times on your door sensor as well. That way it gets excluded from your system.

Once that's done try and include it again in normal way.

On 1/29/2018 at 1:14 PM, gotlandix said:

Hi Sarzeau and Flowy,

If you are using HC2 (function should be available also in other controllers) you can choose the option to "Remove a unit" it's under the same section when you are trying to include a unit.

Push "Remove unit" and click three times on your door sensor as well. That way it gets excluded from your system.

Once that's done try and include it again in normal way.

I have a HCL

not possible to remove a unit that does not communicate

Guest Sarzeau

Hi,

I m using the HC2, but same for me: the sensor just stopped communicating after the battery replacement. No connection to the HC, so no way to remove or reconnect it. Fibaro has a severe problem with this for nearly all devices, at least a soft reconfig is required, in most of the cases you have to to exclude and include the device which means reconfigure all the scenes using the device. Not funny if you use like 35 devices as I do....

No support for this kind of problem from Fibaro, I really think about changing to Homee.

@Sarzeau @Flowy Nothing to lose by this : delete it from the web interface ( click the x ) and then force delete, I rebooted at this point then try deleting the unit with a tripple click while in delete mode reboot and re-add.

I just removed one of mine this way that wouldn't communicate, and it is now re added OK.

Cheers,

al.

I my case another door sensor is dead. I switched to Aeotec recessed door sensor. See if that's better.