Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

What are the best motors for Roller Shutter 2?

HarrazH

Question

Hi,

I want to add curtains/shades to my home automation. It's a green field so I have all freedom to buy any module.

I'm looking for some advice from anyone that has used the roller shutter to acheive it. what motorized brands have you used and what is your experience? there are a lot of options out there in ebay and Alibaba (roller and venetians) but I'm not sure which one will fit.

Main criteria is it should support 240v and can be connected to Roller Shutter 2.

Please advice as I'm lost.

• Like 1

11 answers to this question

Guest fat

I used Somfy Sonnesse 40 6/40 240v with Fibaro Roller Shutter 2 and they work well

Hi @HarrazH!

I can confirm that Somfy motors were used by our installers and they worked well.

11 hours ago, fat said:

I used Somfy Sonnesse 40 6/40 240v with Fibaro Roller Shutter 2 and they work well

I also use (mostly) Somfy motors and without any trouble.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks a lot guys for your help, looks like Somfy is a good option, and mobilus sounds interesting as well. Never heard about them.

Any suggestions also in what to look for in those kind of systems? I mean looking into ebay and Alibaba there are tons of options.

Hey guys, 

Can the Somfy motors be used for venetian blinds also? I really want to make use of the slat tilting swell as the up and down.

If you are after a cheap option lookup Dooya on Alibaba. Apparently its the same factory as somfy!

Had them in my house for 18 months and going strong

Benjah, can you please give some more details about this Dooya motors? What model, type, etc?

Doing some research before final order ;) 

Just to clartify it.. If I have a very simple shutter, what I can operate with a simple push switch for up-down and it is stopping at the end-points becouse it is sensing the ends (sorry for poor wording). So will this work with the roller shutter? How will I know if the shutter is in up or down position?

You will know it by calibration. Module will count the time engine needs to fully open/close. Best option is to have motor with mechanical limit switches. Btw, I was looking for some advices here but people mostly know somfy motors. There are good product but too expensive imo. I bought Torro motors and all works well with one thing. Lameling isn't quice precise. It takes around 1 sec to make a full cycle (rotate lamelas) in my example so motors should be preferably slowest as possible if precise lameling is smth you are most interested in.