Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Intercom, only iOS?

nicohi

Question

Hello,

I am upset. So in France we could pre order the Intercom : Great !!!

But... After looking description, the is only Apple Device compatibility......????????????

No possibility to use with Android Tablet and Smartphone ??? When ?

At least, would it work in standard Android smartphone and tablet apps (Not intercom app, because not existing).

52 minutes ago, darren-mc said:

Did I read this right that unit is NOT rainproof?

Well, it is only IP54, so i guess just little bit.

Look here:

Please login or register to see this link.

Hi @nicohi!

It will be possible to use Fibaro Intercom on Android app as a simple video doorbell.

Moreover, we plan to relase a dedicated app for Android as well.

Hi @I.Srodka,

Is it known to you estimated time till app arrives? I can go with 1 - 6 months. I need to know it because customers and installers will be asking.

Just now, I.Srodka said:

@jakub.jezek, the first, initial version should be available in Q1 2018.

Thanks, that is what i needed to know.

29 minutes ago, jakub.jezek said:

Well, it is only IP54, so i guess just little bit.

Look here:

How can you have a doorbell that you can't put outside? well there goes that then...will keep my ring device then!

Just now, darren-mc said:

How can you have a doorbell that you can't put outside? well there goes that then...will keep my ring device then!

Well, we will be selling Fibaro intercom in CZ/SK market. Then questions to it will be going from all directions.

11 minutes ago, I.Srodka said:

Hi @nicohi!

It will be possible to use Fibaro Intercom on Android app as a simple video doorbell.

Moreover, we plan to relase a dedicated app for Android as well.

Why is Fibaro so Apple-minded?

I previously bought a 2N Intercom (+ € 1000) and that didn't work on Android, only on IOS although Fibaro stated it should work on Android (and Fibaro still does till today).

And now there's finally the Fibaro intercom, but again it only works well with IOS; why not introducing it available for Android AND IOS at the same time?

We can't sell it to customers by telling them 'Hope you don't have an Android phone'

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TRicky said:

Why is Fibaro so Apple-minded?

I wish i could answer to that, since Fibaro apps runs better on Android than iOS (atleast on mne devices).

@TRicky, thank you for your continued interest in our products.

Yes, we still claim that Android app is coming. However, the reason why we are so Apple-minded is the fact, that iOS platform is much more consistent and predictable.

Just now, jakub.jezek said:

I wish i could answer to that, since Fibaro apps runs better on Android than iOS (atleast on mne devices).

Absolutely true! +1

1 minute ago, I.Srodka said:

@TRicky, thank you for your continued interest in our products.

Yes, we still claim that Android app is coming. However, the reason why we are so Apple-minded is the fact, that iOS platform is much more consistent, stable and predictable.

I would suggest that the introduction of new products would be coming with IOS & Android App's at the same time.

Why making such a difference on phone users?

31 minutes ago, TRicky said:

Why making such a difference on phone users?

We don't do it on purpose, that's all I can add in this matter : )

@I.Srodka, if you can pass some suggestion.

For Android app to use shortcuts (introduced in Android 7.1). I think, that Call and Both relays would be fine.

22 minutes ago, I.Srodka said:

We don't do it on purpose, that's all I can add in this matter : )

:(

18 minutes ago, jakub.jezek said:

@I.Srodka, if you can pass some suggestion.

For Android app to use shortcuts (introduced in Android 7.1). I think, that Call and Both relays would be fine.

Sorry @jakub.jezek, but I am not going to risk another € 900 for 'just trying'. I better wait for the first test results with new intercom.

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • Just for understand Srodka : So it could be integrated in standard  Fibaro android app, but in simple doorvideo, and to no 2 way sound, is that exact ?

For information, I juste published that on French forum, and more people are canceling there pre order, because they are all Android equiped... And in France, for 899,00 €, having no Android app is just not possible. Q1 ok, but is it sure of sure ?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, I.Srodka said:

the reason why we are so Apple-minded is the fact, that iOS platform is much more consistent, stable and predictable.

That's a statement, hmm...

5 minutes ago, TRicky said:

Sorry @jakub.jezek, but I am not going to risk another € 900 for 'just trying'. I better wait for the first test results with new intercom.

OK, but I'm not saying go and buy it. But i believe till end of this year is the last moment when we could suggest some features, that could be implemented in initial version or in some updates after initial version comes out.

We will probably have one in the showroom for testing :D. When Android app comes, i will test it exactly the way i tested it with iOS app.

4 minutes ago, jakub.jezek said:

We will probably have one in the showroom for testing :D. When Android app comes, i will test it exactly the way i tested it with iOS app.

Please keep me posted on any updates!

1 minute ago, TRicky said:

Please keep me posted on any updates!

I will try to :D. I will probably make few posts about it when it comes.