Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Intercom, only iOS?

nicohi

Question

Hello,

I am upset. So in France we could pre order the Intercom : Great !!!

But... After looking description, the is only Apple Device compatibility......????????????

No possibility to use with Android Tablet and Smartphone ??? When ?

At least, would it work in standard Android smartphone and tablet apps (Not intercom app, because not existing).

Mine arrives tomorrow. Looking forward!

(should I start a poll so people can predict how many days it will take till someone 'borrows' it from my wall?) (sorry, couldn't help it)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darren-mc said:

How can you have a doorbell that you can't put outside? well there goes that then...will keep my ring device then!

Im confused as website says 'It will protect it against unbearable heat and heavy frost. Nothing, not even dust, rain or snow, will ever disturb it. Your guardian spirit will guard you no matter what' ???

Please login or register to see this attachment.

@MaTi,

On-wall mounting:

Please login or register to see this image.

onwall3@8x

There should be something, that looks like pitchfork and special screws, so it should not be that easily borrowable.

Pictures from here:

Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by jakub.jezek
link to manual

45 minutes ago, ocollus said:

What is going on here ??? "Do not mount the device in places exposed to rain or water drop"...

hehe, no worries, it is IP54, like any other expensive /known device from DoorBird, Mobotix, Telegärtner DoorLinePro Exclusive, etc.

44 minutes ago, tinman said:

hehe, no worries, it is IP54, like any other expensive /known device from DoorBird, Mobotix, Telegärtner DoorLinePro Exclusive, etc.

But i'm confused anyway... Manual says "protect from water" while advert says "do not worry about the water". Moreover i can't understand sentence in manual "Do not mount the device in places exposed to rain or water drop". Can you imagine smartphone manual saying "Do not touch the phone to prevent it from scratches" :) or something like that...

Edited by ocollus

26 minutes ago, ocollus said:

But i'm confussed anyway... Manual says "protect from water" while advert says "do not worry about the water". Moreover i can't understand sentence in manual "Do not mount the device in places exposed to rain or water drop". Can you imagine smartphone manual saying "Do not touch the phone to prevent it from scratches" :) or something like that...

well, that must be answered by Fibaro :) 

Well, look what I just got :-)

19 minut temu, MaTi napisał:

Maybe you could create some video-review ?:)

What I'm interested in is how fast I could get notification on iPhone (LTE) when someone hit the Ring button.

Also time to display a Caller, as some of the "intelligent" doorbells takes that too slow.

35 minutes ago, MaTi said:

Mine will be brought by Santa :D in yellow or in different color. I suspect, that Santa works in UPS.

Hi guys!

Thank you for your interests!

Fibaro Intercom was tested and certified for IP54. It should stand usual rain and sun. It won't get frozen up to about -30 degrees because it's processing warms it up.

Manual and warrranty terms are written in a safe way. We always under-promise and over-deliver in these areas (free warranty repairs). Those of you who had tried our warranty procedure will probably confirm that.

To be sure it's better to install it under some piece of hardened material, under some edge, etc.

Furthermore, yes - it is only for iOS devices now, but we should deploy an app in January for basic Android functions. The even more advanced app for Android is also under development.

23 hours ago, tinman said:

"Do not mount the device in places exposed to rain or water drop"...

Continuously exposed I would say, give this device a break sometimes! : )

1 hour ago, Danielox said:

What I'm interested in is how fast I could get notification on iPhone (LTE) when someone hit the Ring button.

Also time to display a Caller, as some of the "intelligent" doorbells takes that too slow.

for me its between 3-5 seconds

On 14-12-2017 at 3:47 PM, MaTi said:

Mine arrives tomorrow. Looking forward!

(should I start a poll so people can predict how many days it will take till someone 'borrows' it from my wall?) (sorry, couldn't help it)

Just give me your address and I will arrange it for you!!! Wha ha ha

On 14-12-2017 at 2:24 PM, I.Srodka said:

@jakub.jezek, the first, initial version should be available in Q1 2018.

[sarcastic mode on] 

So we need to add 2Q before it really Becomes available? 

[/sarcastic mode off] 

1 minute ago, SpaceCompany said:

[sarcastic mode on] 

So we need to add 2Q before it really Becomes available? 

[/sarcastic mode off] 

I believe you do not need sarcastic mode for this one. :D.

Just now, jakub.jezek said:

I believe you do not need sarcastic mode for this one. :D.

Well. I just picked up my Fibaro Intercom and didn't read this topic yet... I am only on Android so I'm kinda pissed that I can not use the doorbell as I would like too.. And I have seen so many promisses about future updates from Fibaro in the past. Yes I am very sceptic on that one.. 

If you make a promisses... Stick to it... (same with NEST plugin) 

So, a Fibaro intercom that does not work with Fibaro Homecenters? This is a joke - and a rather expensive one.

• Like 1

Just now, Thomasn said:

So, a Fibaro intercom that does not work with Fibaro Homecenters? This is a joke - and a rather expensive one.

Yes, it is working with HC2. You can see video preview, control outputs, check inputs (scenes) and i believe even something more.

Also it is automatically implemented as a Camera and Videogate to Fibaro app.

For intercom features, there will be (is for Apple) new app, which will communicate with Intercom. Also it is 2nd app because it is standalone device.

28 minutes ago, jakub.jezek said:

Yes, it is working with HC2. You can see video preview, control outputs, check inputs (scenes) and i believe even something more.

Also it is automatically implemented as a Camera and Videogate to Fibaro app.

For intercom features, there will be (is for Apple) new app, which will communicate with Intercom. Also it is 2nd app because it is standalone device.

You mean just like an ordinary wifi camera? Not really integrated but can act like a Chinese camera costing 50 dollars? Impressive! A really must have.

As I read the commercial, it does not support z-wave. I hope that I am wrong......

27 minutes ago, Thomasn said:

As I read the commercial, it does not support z-wave. I hope that I am wrong......

No, it is intercom, not Z-Wave gateway. It is supposed to be somewhere, where Z-Wave signal do not have to reach. And it is designed to be as standalone device.

30 minutes ago, Thomasn said:

You mean just like an ordinary wifi camera? Not really integrated but can act like a Chinese camera costing 50 dollars? Impressive! A really must have.

More likeky intercom (simmilar to 2N) integration. You can control relays, see video and trigger some Z-wave devices via scene. However as part of Fibaro intercom plugin, it will be added also as a camera and videogate.