Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Intercom, only iOS?

nicohi

Question

Hello,

I am upset. So in France we could pre order the Intercom : Great !!!

But... After looking description, the is only Apple Device compatibility......????????????

No possibility to use with Android Tablet and Smartphone ??? When ?

At least, would it work in standard Android smartphone and tablet apps (Not intercom app, because not existing).

5 hours ago, jakub.jezek said:

No, it is intercom, not Z-Wave gateway. It is supposed to be somewhere, where Z-Wave signal do not have to reach. And it is designed to be as standalone device.

More likeky intercom (simmilar to 2N) integration. You can control relays, see video and trigger some Z-wave devices via scene. However as part of Fibaro intercom plugin, it will be added also as a camera and videogate.

But here again (after mentioned this a lot of times before) the 2N Intercom only works with Fibaro if you use/own an iPhone or iPad otherwise you'll  spent  +€1000  worthlessly . Like I did :( And Fibaro still doesn't / hasn't want to change the text at the Plugin-info about IOS and Android differentiations.... :(

9 hours ago, TRicky said:

But here again (after mentioned this a lot of times before) the 2N Intercom only works with Fibaro if you use/own an iPhone or iPad otherwise you'll  spent  +€1000  worthlessly . Like I did :( And Fibaro still doesn't / hasn't want to change the text at the Plugin-info about IOS and Android differentiations.... :(

Yes, @TRicky, i know that. And i understand the pain, that you are going through with Fibaro and 2N integration. I would be pissed off about this. Honestly i do not believe, that there will be some App made by Fibaro for using 2N as you desire (Fibaro intercom with 2N).

We also sell Control4 DS2 (rebranded 2N verso) and DoorBird. But we still advice to our customers and to dealers to use native app from intercom manufacturer. They have (mostly) those app debuged for intercom usage (Control4 DS2 case is usage in Control4 projects).

Just some refreshment on this topic.

@I.Srodka or @T.Konopka, any news about Intercom app for Android (i do not like Apple stuf)?

I voluntereer for Android beta tests, if you want some gunia-pig for testing ;).

2 hours ago, I.Srodka said:

Hi @jakub.jezek, still no ETA : (

Too bad. We might sell 1st piece. But end-customer is Android user.

Jakub, it will be for me and I know current situation (your collegue called me today). I have also some Apple devices :-) but definitly Android application I need also ...

• Inquirer
  • Any date for Android app ??

Any news on update for Android app? On Google Play there haven't been any updates on Fibaro Intercom-app since 11.october 2019. I'm still waiting the full functionality like on iOS(Proximity detection - auto open door from trusted Android-device). If Fibaro Group have noe plans to fix this issue in the near future the Fibaro Intercom-webpage should have an Android warning that this OS is not fully supported. Instead, the page has a lot of information on full-specs only supported by iOS, and a good hidden info-part of the Android problems.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kgudmund said:

Any news on update for Android app? On Google Play there haven't been any updates on Fibaro Intercom-app since 11.october 2019. I'm still waiting the full functionality like on iOS(Proximity detection - auto open door from trusted Android-device). If Fibaro Group have noe plans to fix this issue in the near future the Fibaro Intercom-webpage should have an Android warning that this OS is not fully supported. Instead, the page has a lot of information on full-specs only supported by iOS, and a good hidden info-part of the Android problems.

@I.Srodka or @A.Socha? Or anyone with insight on these questions.

Edited by Kgudmund

Well, 

To all Android loving user's: Try to forget any assistance by Fibaro on intercoms!
    About 5 years ago  I bought a (second hand) 2N (state of the art) intercom. (New about € 1200 a piece).
    Fibaro stated that they have a Plug-In for Android devices and indeed the Plug-In is available in the Android Store. BUT: This Plug-In DOESN'T work at all on Androïd !!)
    I have sent MANY complaints about this matter but Fibaro never took any afford to sent a reply and even worse; they NEVER provided a solution.... Shameless!!!

They still promote the 2N Androïd App at the Plug-Ins.....

So I'm not surprised that Fibaro doesn't supply any support and/or solutions for their own Fibaro Intercom for Androïd Owners.
    Not the whole world is using Apple devices, there are a lot of mobile users who like to control their phone's (and privacy) themselves instead of that Apple does for them!

Please: Fibaro think a lot more of Androïd Users!!

BR,

Rick

• Like 1

Since 2 years I'm using a Doorbird intercom; this is a truly supported intercom by the Fibaro Plugin and works well with Android phones.
    Note: with IOS phones the sound quality is better than with Android but that's an Apple advantage. Nothing to do with Fibaro.

So why pay much more for the Fibaro Intercom and have a no working intercom AND receive no support?

BR,

Rick

• Like 1