Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Intercom, price?!

Sjekke

Question

Hi @Sjekke,

Price is interesting, isn't it (using my sarcastic face)?

Wait till you find, that it is iOS only (for now).

Regards,

Jakub

4 minutes ago, Cameleon said:

£789.00 at Vesternet in the UK. Hmmmmm :roll:

789 in pounds?! It is for 1,5 EUR cheaper for UK guys, according to calculator. :D

Edited by jakub.jezek

What is the use of such expensive intercom that can't be installed at the gate?

As it is pointed out on Vesternet:

NOTE: Do not install the device in direct sunlight! Do not mount the device in places exposed to rain or water drop, or prone to flooding

Water drop? Is this intercom then only to be installed in buildings hallway at the apartment entrance doors?

I'm disappointed!

Very expensive also. I read somewhere in an old post on another site that there might be two versions, one for outdoor and one for indoors? I don't know how it went, since it appears many iterations of the device have been in the works/announced.

4 minutes ago, robw said:

Very expensive also. I read somewhere in an old post on another site that there might be two versions, one for outdoor and one for indoors? I don't know how it went, since it appears many iterations of the device have been in the works/announced.

Unfortunatel it will be only one version.

14 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

What is the use of such expensive intercom that can't be installed at the gate?

As it is pointed out on Vesternet:

NOTE: Do not install the device in direct sunlight! Do not mount the device in places exposed to rain or water drop, or prone to flooding

Water drop? Is this intercom then only to be installed in buildings hallway at the apartment entrance doors?

I'm disappointed!

It's IP54 according to manual.

Please login or register to see this link.

So i guess it can handle some slight rain.

1 minute ago, jakub.jezek said:

Unfortunatel it will be only one version.

It's IP54 according to manual.

Please login or register to see this link.

So i guess it can handle some slight rain.

No good for me in the English Lake District. Our door also faces South, so in the sun most of the day. I'll be getting a Ring doorbell or something similar then. 

after three years of waiting, this surely is a let down... it stands out like a sore thumb.. its more like a hockey puck with a camera..  it really has zero usability in the elements, where pretty much all intercoms are placed indirectly....  

But Fibaro website says "It will protect it against unbearable heat and heavy frost. Nothing, not even dust, rain or snow, will ever disturb it. Your guardian spirit will guard you no matter what"

So should be ok in the rain??

Please login or register to see this attachment.

41 minutes ago, northyorks said:

But Fibaro website says "It will protect it against unbearable heat and heavy frost. Nothing, not even dust, rain or snow, will ever disturb it. Your guardian spirit will guard you no matter what"

So should be ok in the rain??

Honestly, i can only guess at this time.

It has IP 54, so it should withstand some moderate rain. But since it will be probably hot inside, i get the cold weather.

no worries, it is IP54, like any other expensive / known device from DoorBird, Mobotix, Telegärtner DoorLinePro Exclusive, etc.

Just now, tinman said:

no worries, it is IP54, like any other expensive / known device from DoorBird, Mobotix, Telegärtner DoorLinePro Exclusive, etc.

Doorbird has IP65 now :).

Just now, jakub.jezek said:

Doorbird has IP65 now :).

sure, you can get higher class models as well, but the "standard" DoorBird D202 is IP54. Yes, it is cheaper, but is cheap as well when comparing features. Telegärtner costs twice the Intercom price, and does not have any extras as well, and it's IP54 too. For sure is IP54 not for heavy rain in combination with strong wind, but that must be clear to everyone.

Exposed direct to sunlight is nothing special as well, typical statement for electronic devices and here in EU nothing to worry about (and even if, one can easily mount any kind of sun/rain protector over the Intercom).

16 hours ago, tinman said:

sure, you can get higher class models as well, but the "standard" DoorBird D202 is IP54. Yes, it is cheaper, but is cheap as well when comparing features. Telegärtner costs twice the Intercom price, and does not have any extras as well, and it's IP54 too. For sure is IP54 not for heavy rain in combination with strong wind, but that must be clear to everyone.

Exposed direct to sunlight is nothing special as well, typical statement for electronic devices and here in EU nothing to worry about (and even if, one can easily mount any kind of sun/rain protector over the Intercom).

True. D20x, has IP54 only, but now it is discounted, since series D21x (D2101V is replacing D202). And D101 have IP65 now (in past had IP54 aswell, i think).

• Inquirer
  • 14 hours ago, tinman said:

If I want to install a doorbell, I don’t want to install an extra sun/rain protector ... if you need to do that the product is a failure. Secondly. This summer we had very hot summer and a lot of sun ... so saying in the EU nothing to worry about ... I don’t agree. The product must be sun/rain /winter ...  proof else the producr is worthless.

Honestly, most doorbells are specified for IP54 and operating temperaure up to 40-50• C and nobody cares, and lot of them costs much more than Fibaro Intercom and have less features. So i really have no idea what‘s wrong with you guys, is it only because Fibaro added typical warnings electronic equipment warnings into the manual? The risk of damage is exaxt the same, so why the other are „better“ in your opinion?

I believe that Intercom can withstand European weather and even with it's price, it will find it's customers. And if you can put Doorbird D20x to outdoor, then you can get there Fibaro intercom also.

But since Android app absence in production start, Android users have to wait or find the alternative.

OT: Looking forward to test production sample and compare it with Doorbird D2101V and Control4 DS2.

• Inquirer
  • My current doorbell ... water, rain, hot temp proof and cost around 15€  ;)

Edited by Sjekke

7 hours ago, Sjekke said:

My current doorbell ... water, rain, hot temp proof and cost around 15€  ;)

Wheres your sence of financial adventure?

• Inquirer
  • Invested in my car ... waterproof, airco AND with more then 1 camera :P