Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

cant get the time right

TSN

Hello,

I recently bought a home server lite. its on firmware 4.150

but i cant get the time right. I tryed a few timeservers, i changed it to manual but it keeps getting to 1-1-1970 1:00 (it starts here after the reboot)

i dont know whats wrong? does anyone know what i can do to solve

Please login or register to see this attachment.

this problem.

thanks

Edited by TSN
Wrong text

Sry. Saw that you have hcl. My workaround is only for hc2, so i edited the post

Edited by redbill
See post

I am not familar with the HCL but can´t you change NTP in the settings? If yes, then try 0.pool.ntp.org. It works for me.

• Topic Author
  • no problem redbill, at least thanks for the try/think work.

@Thomasn thx for the reply.

tryed that to, but no improvement. i tryed alot of NTP servers, but nothing helps.

I think it has something to do with account configuration. I cant get tru account setup eather.

and i found out that lots of parameters cant be changed.

i dunno whats wrong....... Fibaro has been mailed.... so lets hope they can solve this..

Edited by TSN
    • Like 1

Hi @TSN,

Can you try to set time manually and set it to NTP? That one help me from time to time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Topic Author
  • On 22-12-2017 at 9:44 AM, jakub.jezek said:

Hi @TSN,

Can you try to set time manually and set it to NTP? That one help me from time to time.

Hi

Please login or register to see this link.

thanks for ur answer.

I did tryed that several times but no improvement.

Fibaro mailed me back, it seems to be a known problem, and it shoud prob be fixed in the next update. so lets hope it wil,l and lets hope the update will come soon. else i will quit on fibaro.

This is just the tryout, so i will move upto HC2 but not if small issues get solved very soon. Like the time is a small issue, but with big effects.

The trust in Fibaro is getting realy low, cause scene's seem to work, and the other day they wont,,,, so WTF????

Push notifications worked great till yesterday, now i only get notifications (alarms) when i open the app....???????

I dunno bout Fibaro, it might not be that great after all...

Greets TSN.

Hi @TSN,

4 minutes ago, TSN said:

This is just the tryout, so i will move upto HC2 but not if small issues get solved very soon. Like the time is a small issue, but with big effects.

There were bigger issue with time few years ago. Some HCLs showed me year 2025 and some 1970. But it got resolved in past. Now so far, you are one of the unlucky ones with this issue. I have quite a number of success with time settings (NTP -> Manually > NTP).

7 minutes ago, TSN said:

The trust in Fibaro is getting realy low, cause scene's seem to work, and the other day they wont,,,, so WTF????

Ok, could you be more specific about this one? Maybe if you create a topic for this in Home Center lite section with description, what is not working, maybe I or anybody could help you out.

9 minutes ago, TSN said:

Push notifications worked great till yesterday, now i only get notifications (alarms) when i open the app....???????

I never had this problem in past, except when Fibaro cloud was offline. Did you made any changes in notification permissions?

Best regards,

Jakub

• Thanks 1

• Topic Author
  •  

1 hour ago, jakub.jezek said:

Hi @TSN,

There were bigger issue with time few years ago. Some HCLs showed me year 2025 and some 1970. But it got resolved in past. Now so far, you are one of the unlucky ones with this issue. I have quite a number of success with time settings (NTP -> Manually > NTP).

My HCL shows me 1970 in the right top corner, but at the energie logs and temperature logs it shows the right time (didnt before). And i did get the time quite right, by rebooting the HCL at 1 o'clock at night :)  but the date is still wrong...

So this might come from the weather app. while im typing this i rebooted my HCL again, and somehow he got the time right now???????  only thing i realy changed is my housenumber...????? So forget bout this problem!!!!

This is by far the best working forum i have ever seen.... ;) 

I never had this problem in past, except when Fibaro cloud was offline. Did you made any changes in notification permissions?

Got it working again

I might have to come back at this, im working on it now, it seem that it sends an old push notification now (an old text i wrote a while ago) but i cant find it no more, so somehowe i deleted the push notification, added a new one now. But it still sends the old text.

Do u still get it??? LOL so i keep searching/working on this one.

Now that the time is right, maybe it chages alot of weard effects, ill keep working on it for a while!!!

Thanks for ur help so far, this made my day.

TSN

Hi 

Please login or register to see this link.

This changes alot, now that the time is right. Now i finaly finished my wizard HC and got this code from fibaro etc etc. coudnt get it finished before eighter.

so i do think this changes alot in the Fibaro expierence.... so i'll give it a go.

Although im not sure what the problem was, im glad it solved alot today.

It might be the YR weather app, somehow it got in twice. but this wasent when the HCL got out of the box sooo..... im not sure (time was wrong from the beginning) .

Thanks for helping out.

Regards TSN

Edited by TSN
    wrong words

53 minutes ago, TSN said:

So forget bout this problem!!!!

Do not worry. Memory is short :D.

54 minutes ago, TSN said:

This changes alot, now that the time is right. Now i finaly finished my wizard HC and got this code from fibaro etc etc. coudnt get it finished before eighter.

If it happens again, then maybe recovery would help. But to me it seems like getting cannon for a mosquito.

Recovery is same for HC2 and HCL: