Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

BUG: Impossible to change house location

Dmitry M.

Question

Hello,

I can't change the location of my house. The problem looks like a bug in the system.

At first, I couldn't find the possibility to change the location at all, as the Longitude and Latitude information appear like static labels on the Configuration->Location page. Then, after using Safari browser, I found a hidden button (please see screenshot #1). But, after clicking this button, I was redirected to the page with the broken map (please see screenshot #2). I stuck on this page as no matter what I do, the location doesn't change.  

- If this is a bug, how to notify HC2 developers so they could probably release a fix in next firmware version?

- If it's not a bug, how to overcome this problem?

Thanks

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I'm not happy with this situation, Fibaro can't answer anything about it when they will solve, or they're trying to solve, no one knows !!!

And location scenes are not working, location scenes are my first reasons to choose fibaro, and I never use I never see this feature, it means they are not supporting this feauture.

its look its fibaro doing only show-off.

I have the same problem, and it seems that this is holding me from using the new FIBARO APP. I can enter to the HCL but I cannot see any of the devices. 

Any solutions?

Very disappointing to see such small function (Location) not working for elite systems.

The workaround for setting the City name through API did not work for me although I am connected locally. Setting location used to work before and now it does not.

Same problem here. Access through MACOS High Sierra, various browsers (Safari, Chrome, Firefox). HCL is running version 4.530, date and time set manually.

When clicking on the ? icon

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2019_02/900222929_ScreenShot2019-02-13at12_55_32.png.7c299dc8a633a5c794e83b00d4dfd6c4.png" alt="900222929_ScreenShot2019-02-13at12_55_32.png.7c299dc8a633a5c794e83b00d4dfd6c4.png" />

the following screen is shown

1662537479_ScreenShot2019-02-13at13_22_58.png.06ac466c7f96555c5f29cb25f3bf877d.png

The following messages are from the JavaScript console:

Any hint for solving this?

Many thanks.

Christian

My HC2 also can't configure location information, so I can't use the new app. The location page is as shown.

Same problem hear. HC2 Version 4.530. Can not set/update location and weather data is not correct in YR weather and other weather providers. It is showing weather for some different location that I cannot identify.

New Home Center APP on Android is showing in HOME CENTER SETTINGS that Location is "No Location". Problem exists since several months now. 

Scenes depending on correct weather data are useless. I installed a workaround and now I query the weather data from external providers via LUA scripts.

how do u access the api meny ? if i use same adress i get only a code and can not modify. Is there a specific programm what u use? Or specific Browser?

i want to set paramter by api

Edited by Alex Rob
  • Like 1

Same problem here even with 4.540 has been ongoing for months....very annoying as I want to use the GPS function

Hi @Beeker

If you are willing to use a beta firmware, this issue has been solved with beta 4.542. Look

Please login or register to see this link.

Hi @Fabir

Thanks I will give it a try

Hi @Fabir,

My HC2 says to upgrade to 4.543 beta I guess this has the location issue fix in it as well.

Regards

Beeker

Tried that and now I can change the location from Poland to my home address in the localisation panel but when I save it then it just goes back to an address in Poland which is where Fibaro HO is located I believe.

I also tried entering in the panel the latitude and it just comes back as zero where the longitude input works. If you go to the configuration page then to location it now shows the location as Poland and whilst you can move the map to show my home address it does not save and there is nowhere on that page to enter your street address anymore

@Beeker

My HC2 is also on Beta 4.543.

Did you try with another browser? I'm using Firefox.

First Set the timezone > click on the map, this is starting the location assistant > the locator always starts in Poland (probably the Fibaro headquarter) > zoom out > move the locator to your home country > zoom in step by step while moving the locator to your home address > finish the assistant.

Although in my case it doesn't finally save my correct home address, the saved location is about 3 kilometers away from my house.

Best Regards

Fabir

• Like 1