Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Temperature Measurement with FGT-001

Nayenia

Hi all,

i recently bought a FGT-001 Thermostat and added it to my openHAB system.

From what i read in the description and the manual of the FGT-001, it should be able to measure the temperature of the room.

I also see a channel that is named Sensor(temperature) but it is always 0

Is my thermostat broken? Or is this functionality just not implemented and the description is wrong?

Regards,

Nayenia

Hi @Nayenia,

Welcome to the comunity.

Do you have Fibaro external sensor paired with Fibaro TRV?

If not, then you see 0 (null) value there, because Fibaro TRV reports temperature meassured by Fibaro external sensor, not temperature measured by TRV itself.

Edited by jakub.jezek

• Topic Author
  • Hi @jakub.jezek and thanks for your answere.

No, i don't have an external sensor paired with my FGT-001, why should I??

let me quote what is officially on the fibaro homepage:

The FIBARO Heat Controlleris an intelligent, radiator thermostatic head, which controls the temperature in the room, using the in-built or extra sensor and regulating the heat level automatically, according to your individual preferences.

So if this is correct, the thermostat itself has a sensor to measure the temperatur. Which would make sense, because else it wouldn't be able to tell if the (targeted) setpoint temperature has been reached, thus making this whole thermostate pretty useless....

If i understand you correctly you are trying to say that the FGT-001 is actually measuring the temperature with its own sensor but not reporting it over z-wave? and the sensor(temperature) is only used if an external sensor (of course only the fibaro sensor will be able to be paired?) is paired?

Same question and official answer here:

Danfoss LC12 and LC13 do not report it either. But some alternatives do report temperature.