Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Google Home Integration - feedback

T.Konopka

Question

Hello!

We are happy to announce that Google Home integration with FIBARO System is available now. You can control your FIBARO system with your voice. Interest in voice integration continues to grow throughout the world. Speak to Google Home and gain control over most of your smart devices and scenes. We will continue to expand the list of supported commands and add support for additional languages in the nearest future.

Most important features:

• Works with Google Home and any other devices compatible with Google Assistant
  • You can communicate with English
  • Requires FibaroID and configured Remote Access
  • FAQ:

Please login or register to see this link.

• Manual:

22 minutes ago, Mctint12 said:

Ive noticed you mention ‘they prefer the echo’... does the echo take direct commands to control fibaro devices or do you also need to ‘ask fibaro’? 

Direct commands.

You can try it installing Alexa app from playstore.

On 12/21/2017 at 12:34 PM, matt1981 said:

there is such a thing.  Fibaro chose not to go that route, for some very odd reason.. it could be because they prefer the echo, who knows... 

1 hour ago, adyboss said:

Direct commands.

You can try it installing Alexa app from playstore.

I’ve got an iPhone. I’ve downloaded Alexa app but I think you also need an Alexa device to use it.. 

i bought the google mini after watching a few reviews on both devices but still unsure if I made the right choice 

4 minutes ago, Mctint12 said:

I’ve got an iPhone. I’ve downloaded Alexa app but I think you also need an Alexa device to use it.. 

Get an Android :)

There you can use Alexa from Amazon Alexa app.

36 minutes ago, adyboss said:

Get an Android :)

There you can use Alexa from Amazon Alexa app.

Hahaha! Literally LOL’d

im a vegan ;)

Unfortunately... here we are... 

You may "become carnivore" instead of just simply use what you have at your hand. 

We have to make all kind of workarounds...

BTW, the google mini is super ;)

But not for Fibaro :):):)

That bridge is sold by @skarotech. I also use it. It's rediculously easy to setup and use. It's Far from the nightmare me and many other users have experienced so far with @Fibaro rediculous integration attempt with the broken "actions" and their "empty" automatic response of "have you contacted support yet?" 

On 2/1/2018 at 9:14 PM, adyboss said:

Unfortunately... here we are... 

You may "become carnivore" instead of just simply use what you have at your hand. 

We have to make all kind of workarounds...

BTW, the google mini is super ;)

But not for Fibaro :):):)

Guess I’ll have to try Alexa too & then decide.

thanks anyway ;)

''Talk to Fibaro' is hilarious... half of the time GA just gives me the results for Sbarro pizza. Did any of you guys ever get Sbarro?))))))))))

i guess they will do it but unfortunately rather later than sooner :)

when it comes to Alexa - it works well with fibaro but you need to have UNIQUE names for devices so if you have "Light" in each room, you need to rename it to like "kitchen light", "toilet light" etc and then it works without "talk to fibaro" or "ask fibaro".

even if you use "ask fibaro" it works much faster as there is no answer from Alexa "how can i help you" the very first time you use it....

19 hours ago, pooh said:

i guess they will do it but unfortunately rather later than sooner :)

when it comes to Alexa - it works well with fibaro but you need to have UNIQUE names for devices so if you have "Light" in each room, you need to rename it to like "kitchen light", "toilet light" etc and then it works without "talk to fibaro" or "ask fibaro".

even if you use "ask fibaro" it works much faster as there is no answer from Alexa "how can i help you" the very first time you use it....

Sounds like Alexa is the better option for now then.... guess I made the wrong choice lol

thanks ;)

i've just ordered google home mini as well. thing is Alexa works much better at the moment when it comes to controlling fibaro but she's really not useful for anything else in Poland. she can't even say what's the traffic around...

if they integrate google home the way it is already done for Alexa (both API and using special command) it will be much better with google in Poland.

btw, you can install assistant on iphone and try google home without buying it.

On 9.02.2018 at 7:48 PM, pooh said:

i've just ordered google home mini as well. thing is Alexa works much better at the moment when it comes to controlling fibaro but she's really not useful for anything else in Poland. she can't even say what's the traffic around...

if they integrate google home the way it is already done for Alexa (both API and using special command) it will be much better with google in Poland.

btw, you can install assistant on iphone and try google home without buying it.

I use @skarotech's automationbridge because as you can see Fibaro really ****** thier google home integration. there are quite a few of the forum users that also use the bridge. this bridge will automatically discover ALL z-wave devices on your FIbaro Home Center.  an eighty year old grandma could set it up.  it stupid easy to setup and use. everything is straightforward and layed out in front without any need to program anything.  

I just bought the Google Home speaker, and linked it to my HC2 via the Google Home app on the phone.

1. Me: "Hey Google".

2. Me: "Ask Fibaro".

3. Google: "Ok, let's get Fibaro".

4. Fibaro: "Greetings".

5. Me: "List devices".

6. Fibaro: "One Home Center Devices found. Please choose the number from the list. Number 1 - [my HC device number]".

7. Me: "1".

8. Google: "Fibaro is not responding right now. Try again soon".

I got it to control 1 light, twice, and that was it. Listing rooms or lights or anything else turns out "Empty".

I bought the Google Home speaker mostly for controlling the HC2.

@robw

To my best knowledge Google Home in not integrated with Fibaro yet (looks like the work is in progress, but no official release)

Try Alexa, works fine for me

@cag014 Yes, they are integrated. Fibaro have manuals how to do the integration, and also a lot of examples of what to say to the speaker.

I got it to work with one light (a Hue in the bathroom), turning it on and then off. But before I got it to work I probably tried speaking around 50 times (to a light with a simpler name and room name), and the only answer I got from the speaker was "What device?". After I got the Hue lamp to turn on/off in the bathroom it all stopped working again. I tried to list scenes and devices. The commands to do that worked, however the scenes and rooms and devices came out "Empty".

So the integration is there, but it took very long before it worked, and then it stopped working.

I would try to remove the sync between Google and Fibaro, and redo it again, but I don't know how as it is not a "real" Home Control integration.

@I.Srodka @T.Konopka Please check your integration as it seems it is down at the moment (Google Home saying: ""Fibaro is not responding right now. Try again soon".

Yes, I know Alexa works, too, but they are not sold where I live.

Edited by robw

8 godzin temu, robw napisał:

I would try to remove the sync between Google and Fibaro, and redo it again, but I don't know how as it is not a "real" Home Control integration.

Hi, I've answered how to unlink Fibaro here:

Edited by qbasob

1 hour ago, qbasob said:

Hi, I've answered how to unlink Fibaro here:

Thank you! I will try it. However it started working today without having to unlink it.  But some hours later when I came back home, it was not working. So I think the service on some end is going up and down. It's probably not a fault at my end.

But thank you again, I will try an unlink/link when the service is gone, just to see if it matters.

Cheers,

integration is very poor at the moment. when i list scenes and devices it shows only some and for instance majority of my roller shutters are seen as light...

EDIT: one thing to mention although it is not really changing the case here but certainly can help - you can create shortcuts in google home and they work more or less like this:

when i say: "bla bla bla"

make google home do: "talk to fibaro to set kitchen light to 10%"

this speeds things up a bit...

Edited by pooh

On 10.02.2018 at 12:32 PM, robw said:

8. Google: "Fibaro is not responding right now. Try again soon".

A reboot of your Home Center should help in those cases.