Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Google Home Integration - feedback

T.Konopka

Question

Hello!

We are happy to announce that Google Home integration with FIBARO System is available now. You can control your FIBARO system with your voice. Interest in voice integration continues to grow throughout the world. Speak to Google Home and gain control over most of your smart devices and scenes. We will continue to expand the list of supported commands and add support for additional languages in the nearest future.

Most important features:

• Works with Google Home and any other devices compatible with Google Assistant
  • You can communicate with English
  • Requires FibaroID and configured Remote Access
  • FAQ:

Please login or register to see this link.

• Manual:

7 minutes ago, I.Srodka said:

A reboot of your Home Center should help in those cases.

Hi,

A reboot it not a solution - it is merely a desperate last resort to temporary solve another underlying issue. I'm sorry to be harsh but it is a lazy answer. I should not have to reboot my HC2 every time before I ask Google to make Fibaro do something...

When I tested during the weekend, it:

1. Did not work for maybe 15 minutes.

2. Then started to work.

3. Then stopped working after an unknown time.

This keeps happening. I tried it again yesterday evening and it did not work at that moment. During my lunch break I had rebooted the HC2 due to the know clock issue (it was 5 minutes to fast).

I did not have to reboot between 1-2, so no reboot was needed to get it to work. With that, I can only say that there are issues with your implementation of the service, or a link between Google and your services, our a temporary outage at Google. However the last seems not to be the issue, because other things are working fine, like the Hue integration, asking about the weather etc.

Solve the issue.

Best regards,

@I.Srodka

I have connected the google home to HC2 as well, but most of the time it doesn't recognize the devices and you need to make discovering again and again....

Is this the way it should work? I thought that when you connecting to Fibaro (talk/ask Fibaro) it discovering the devices automatically!?

Because of that the shortcut almost never works as expected and this feature pretty much useless for Fibaro.

Just as an example the shortcut for Harmony works perfect !

One more question: As I understood you can activate only block scenes (as Alexa). Is it right?

As I understand you're using HA bridge... ?

I'm talking about Fibaro implementation with Google Home.

That's what I thought.

Question: Is it works with smartphone (OK, Google) or with Google Home device only?

Edited by cag014

5 minutes ago, cag014 said:

That's what I thought.

Question: Is it works with smartphone (OK, Google) or with Google Home device only?

I'm using automationBridge (as is written in video's description).

It works with any GA (Google Home, Phones or Android Auto).

Edited by adyboss

So you can control your home using smartphone when you're traveling (I mean by voice)?

@adyboss and @matt1981 do you know if it's possible to change langues on the automationBridge and if yes do you think it will be compliant with the hc2 ?as you certainly know,  google home is now also speaking french and dutch, and my kids are young and they don't speak english yet.

thank you guys for your feedback as this bridge will for sure interesting me if the condition is met. 

cheers

The language from AB does not matter. You can change the device name in Google Home. You can you whatever you want for the devices from AB. Like nicknames.

• Like 1

I think shipping  @skarotech bridge took less than 5 days from Australia to my house in Italy.. shipping is pretty fast. The bridge is hands down the the easiest setup and overall functionality. 

It's really too bad and seriously embarrassing  on @Fibaro part that they fumbled this integration so bad. that users are having to use secondary Bridges just to make it work as it shiuld.  I mean you can just look at this thread for example. Over three pages of users that can't get it to work or it half works most of the time. Just sad.... Great job @Fibaro!!!!

Thank you @matt1981 for your feedback I'll order one, I do agree like most of the users on the community that have tried G.home on HC, that it's not the best example of integration, but I hope it's a first try and next ones will rectify the shot ;)  What i'm expecting with devices like google home, siri or alexa is to be able to use my mother language which is already possible with siri and g.home and in april with alexa, and today the hc2 integration don't allows that. I'm contient that it's an absolute minority but let's say that if apple and since few months  google and very soon amazon have spend time in making it possible, I'm assuming they are good strong reasons $$$.

Anyone here still using the HA-Bridge ? and if how you managed to link it to google home. I got the bridge setup and it poops up in my Hue app but i cant add it to google home

On 2/16/2018 at 3:48 PM, yabadaniel said:

Anyone here still using the HA-Bridge ? and if how you managed to link it to google home. I got the bridge setup and it poops up in my Hue app but i cant add it to google home

Yes, I used an old version off the home app. (1.19.29) But I don't think it's possible anymore because Google changed how linking is done. 

Edited by hegu

Dnia 16.02.2018 o 15:48, yabadaniel napisał:

Unfortunately, Google changed the way linking is done.

This is information from the HA-Bridge repository (

):

ISSUE: Google Home now seems to not support local connection to Philips Hue Hubs and requires that it connect to meethue.com. Since the ha-bridge only emulates the local API, and is not associated with Philips, this method will not work. If you have an older Google Home application, this may still work. YMMV.

Edited by qbasob

openHAB now supports Google Assistant Home Control API, thanks to Mehmet Arziman that made the full integration by himself in his free time (something that apparently whole Fibaro team is unable to do). 
I will check it later, but it sounds great.

More info here: