Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Google Home Integration - feedback

T.Konopka

Question

Hello!

We are happy to announce that Google Home integration with FIBARO System is available now. You can control your FIBARO system with your voice. Interest in voice integration continues to grow throughout the world. Speak to Google Home and gain control over most of your smart devices and scenes. We will continue to expand the list of supported commands and add support for additional languages in the nearest future.

Most important features:

• Works with Google Home and any other devices compatible with Google Assistant
  • You can communicate with English
  • Requires FibaroID and configured Remote Access
  • FAQ:

Please login or register to see this link.

• Manual:

Please login or register to see this link.

Hmm, forwarding port 80 on router, HTTP commands instead of HTTPS, sending Fibaro account info via HTTP........what about security?

On 25/02/2018 at 5:11 PM, dowoco said:

Thanks all for the input.

This does deserve to be in its own topic as it works just as described. I just needed to create a simple user account in Fibaro without using a email address as the username. The admin account is now an email based username and so can not be used in the URL. It works great, fast and responsive.

good job @qbasob

I've done all the steps by qbasob, created an account without email address and I'm able to see the item on google home app, however can't get the command to switch the light on and off. The http command is correct as it works when pasted in browser.

Any advice? 

Thanks

@T.Konopka your google home integration is a joke at the moment. Please do not call it an integration. it feels like repairing your car's tire with bubble gum. Can we have a decent answer and a roadmap to full integration with GH that lists fibaro devices? Or should we all move to SmartThings? We demand serious approach to the problem and providing a DATE when new firmware is released.

Now that Lili has been banned from the system, it would be nice if we could also use Google in Germany. Unfortunately Google Home does not show Fibaro among smarthome devices yet.

Edited by Macschimmi

4 hours ago, Macschimmi said:

Now that Lili has been banned from the system, it would be nice if we could also use Google in Germany. Unfortunately Google Home does not show Fibaro among smarthome devices yet.

I would say for all EU!

I have installed Fibaro and have almost given up with the Google Home integration. I was planning on doing my full home on Fibaro, but honestly this integration is so bad I am reviewing other home control centres - very disappointed in this poor integration. 

6 minutes ago, fowkes said:

I have installed Fibaro and have almost given up with the Google Home integration. I was planning on doing my full home on Fibaro, but honestly this integration is so bad I am reviewing other home control centres - very disappointed in this poor integration. 

Which ones?

@Fibaro wow, your potential customers/sales are literally going up in smoke before our eyes..  all that potential business is just drying up and moving on to other home controllers that properly integrated google home "right" the first time... i guess it was just more important pushing out that fibaro intercom that either overheats, loses connection or that no one can seem to get to function properly, instead of fixing the existing half-baked in google home integration..  

Edited by matt1981
edit

On 24/3/2018 at 10:39 PM, lukaszzyla said:

@T.Konopka your google home integration is a joke at the moment. Please do not call it an integration. it feels like repairing your car's tire with bubble gum. Can we have a decent answer and a roadmap to full integration with GH that lists fibaro devices? Or should we all move to SmartThings? We demand serious approach to the problem and providing a DATE when new firmware is released.

You are hoping on answer ... Fibaro is perfect when using Fibaro devices. But when you want integration with other devices it’s poor. It’s more trial and error. Ex. Nest Thermostat integration not working anymore for over a year. 

Strange behavior ... 

On 26/3/2018 at 5:08 PM, matt1981 said:

@Fibaro wow, your potential customers/sales are literally going up in smoke before our eyes..  all that potential business is just drying up and moving on to other home controllers that properly integrated google home "right" the first time... i guess it was just more important pushing out that fibaro intercom that either overheats, loses connection or that no one can seem to get to function properly, instead of fixing the existing half-baked in google home integration..  

Hi I am FrancoBG I write from Italy (Bergamo), I read all the answers you wrote on the topic Google Home, I saw various links Z-Wave Automation Bridge (I understand that it is a raspberry with dedicated software). It is a shame that the integration between Google Home and Fibaro Home Center with the Italian language does not work, but after reading the 6 pages of the forum, I understand that at present it does not work well even with English. It would be nice to understand if and when problems will be fixed and you will support other languages besides English... but as a computer scientist, I understand that nothing is simple, so I look forward to trusting.

Unfortunately I have already purchased the Google home and the mini and while waiting for Fibaro technicians to solve the problems mentioned above, I would like to use it for the only purpose for which I purchased them ... and that is to use it for home automation.

I have a few questions for Matt1981 and anyone who can answer them...

Purchased Automation Bridge, or did you buy raspberry and download software?
You give the command to Google Home/Syri directly, Ok Google/Switch off the kitchen lights or you have to always do more steps... for example Ok Google/Ask for Fiber/Switch off the kitchen lights

Thanks

Hi,

I am using the automationBridge.

Please check my movie and it will answer to all your questions.

Cheers.

2 minutes ago, FrancoBG said:

Hi I am FrancoBG I write from Italy (Bergamo), I read all the answers you wrote on the topic Google Home, I saw various links Z-Wave Automation Bridge (I understand that it is a raspberry with dedicated software). It is a shame that the integration between Google Home and Fibaro Home Center with the Italian language does not work, but after reading the 6 pages of the forum, I understand that at present it does not work well even with English. It would be nice to understand if and when problems will be fixed and you will support other languages besides English... but as a computer scientist, I understand that nothing is simple, so I look forward to trusting.

Unfortunately I have already purchased the Google home and the mini and while waiting for Fibaro technicians to solve the problems mentioned above, I would like to use it for the only purpose for which I purchased them ... and that is to use it for home automation.

I have a few questions for Matt1981 and anyone who can answer them...

Purchased Automation Bridge, or did you buy raspberry and download software?
You give the command to Google Home/Syri directly, Ok Google/Switch off the kitchen lights or you have to always do more steps... for example Ok Google/Ask for Fiber/Switch off the kitchen lights

Thanks

Purchase the Automation Bridge, it works very well. The commands are direct, no “ask Fibaro to turn on the lights” rubbish.

3 minutes ago, adyboss said:

Hi,

I am using the automationBridge.

Please check my movie and it will answer to all your questions.

Cheers.

Yes Thank you
I have already seen the video posted by you, but I have not understood if the direct command works only with English or also with Italian.

3 minutes ago, FrancoBG said:

Yes Thank you
I have already seen the video posted by you, but I have not understood if the direct command works only with English or also with Italian.

It works also in Italian

Just now, ilcato said:

It works also in Italian

Very well...
In all honesty, I am sorry to spend another 200€ after spending a few thousand for Fibaro and over a hundred modules, but I see that for now there is no other solution.

2 minutes ago, FrancoBG said:

Very well...
In all honesty, I am sorry to spend another 200€ after spending a few thousand for Fibaro and over a hundred modules, but I see that for now there is no other solution.

You also need to pay for custom taxes, around 50€.

another solution that works very well but needs some configuration is the OpenHAB route. 

8 hours ago, FrancoBG said:

Very well...

ciao franko, 

i am using the Automationbridge made by a fellow user @skarotech also. i tried @Fibaro  sad attempt at what they call "integration", which is a TOTAL JOKE. then i went with the ha-bridge and it was beyond difficult to set up.. with each update, the commands changed, making each update even more of a pain. i finally switched to the automationbridge and dont regret it one bit.  the Automationbridge is the much more simpler user friendly version of the ha-bridge.  it uses the same code, but all your physical devices, virtual devices, and scenes automatically populate on the home screen of the bridge's ip address.  all you have to do is select via slider, which devices you want to use and then tell your google home to "search for new devices" and they appear in the google assistant app so you can assign them to a room.  its really that easy.  of course with both the ha-bridge and automationbridge, your commands are limited to "light bulb type commands," like turn on/turn off, dim, because it emulates the first generation Hue hub.  so i use a fibaro relay to open my electronic iseo x1r door. all i say is "hey google, turn on the door".  each device is emulated as a light bulb.  that also works with scenes too.  

Edited by matt1981
edit

On 30/3/2018 at 7:46 PM, matt1981 said:

ciao franko, 

i am using the Automationbridge made by a fellow user @skarotech also. i tried @Fibaro  sad attempt at what they call "integration", which is a TOTAL JOKE. then i went with the ha-bridge and it was beyond difficult to set up.. with each update, the commands changed, making each update even more of a pain. i finally switched to the automationbridge and dont regret it one bit.  the Automationbridge is the much more simpler user friendly version of the ha-bridge.  it uses the same code, but all your physical devices, virtual devices, and scenes automatically populate on the home screen of the bridge's ip address.  all you have to do is select via slider, which devices you want to use and then tell your google home to "search for new devices" and they appear in the google assistant app so you can assign them to a room.  its really that easy.  of course with both the ha-bridge and automationbridge, your commands are limited to "light bulb type commands," like turn on/turn off, dim, because it emulates the first generation Hue hub.  so i use a fibaro relay to open my electronic iseo x1r door. all i say is "hey google, turn on the door".  each device is emulated as a light bulb.  that also works with scenes too.  

Hi matt, I have received today the Automationbridge and I have a question: which is the command in italian for  "search for new devices" and for start a scene? Thanks

15 hours ago, Cino said:

Hi matt, I have received today the Automationbridge and I have a question: which is the command in italian for  "search for new devices" and for start a scene? Thanks

im using the english language with my google homes, but i would think its "hey google, cerca nuovi dispositivi"

Edited by matt1981
edit