Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Google Home Integration - feedback

T.Konopka

Question

Hello!

We are happy to announce that Google Home integration with FIBARO System is available now. You can control your FIBARO system with your voice. Interest in voice integration continues to grow throughout the world. Speak to Google Home and gain control over most of your smart devices and scenes. We will continue to expand the list of supported commands and add support for additional languages in the nearest future.

Most important features:

• Works with Google Home and any other devices compatible with Google Assistant
  • You can communicate with English
  • Requires FibaroID and configured Remote Access
  • FAQ:

Please login or register to see this link.

• Manual:

Oh... my bad... You are right: LUA cannot be synchronized.

On my side the Block scenes are working OK with Google Home

Is there a way to hide devices from Google assistant? It´s not connected to a specific user since I only have submitted my main login (as used here: 

).

For example; I don´t want to turn of my lights outside when I say "turn off all lights" since I have them setup in my scenes. Also I don´t want my wallplugs to turn off when I intend to turn of lights in for example the Kitchen.

On HC change type of device from lights to other

21 hours ago, A.Socha said:

On HC change type of device from lights to other

If you mean in the settings for the wallplug it was already set as "other" and was turned off by command "turn of lights in kitchen". It works if I set parameter 1 to 1 (use only as energy meter), them Google assistant can´t turn it of. But that doesn´t work since I wan´t to be able to control it myself.

On 10/31/2018 at 11:51 AM, Spindel said:

Is there a way to hide devices from Google assistant? It´s not connected to a specific user since I only have submitted my main login (as used here: 

).

For example; I don´t want to turn of my lights outside when I say "turn off all lights" since I have them setup in my scenes. Also I don´t want my wallplugs to turn off when I intend to turn of lights in for example the Kitchen.

for this to happen, you have to setup each ligth/switch/etc., into rooms.  then when your in the room "with the google home" you want the lights to turn on, it will only turn on the lights in that room. so for example, if your in the bathroom and you have google home in that room, whatever items are included in that "room", like in the picture, the google home app, google will then turn on when you say "to the google home in the bathroom", "turn on/off the lights".  so you must have google home in each room and which is "grouped" with those lights" 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by matt1981
edit

1 hour ago, matt1981 said:

so you must have google home in each room and which is "grouped" with those lights" 

Well, that works locally in one room. I could move all wallplugs to a fictional room in Google home (app) but I don´t want to go around en each room saying turn lights off. I say "turn ALL lights off" to turn them all of, but that would include my fictional room...

Routines in Google home (app) could probably solve it I guess, but it isn´t available in my country.

Hi, i have tried a couple of thimes to reset google home, unlink and link my fibaro account to google home a couple of times. Everything works if I use the “buttons” in the home app to control my devices.

But when I try to say “hey google speak to fibaro” it won’t connect.

aswell as when I type speak to fibaro I get the message “get the full Assistant experience”. I have checked everywhere in the google app but can’t seem to find anything that is missing (also tried to klick the link in “get the full assaistant experience” and it’s dead)

Also I have been getting emails from fibaro “suspicious login attempts” (linked to google home login as I understand) but I now that I have typed in correct password in google home.

I’m running the latest beta in fibaro

You need to say hey Google talk to fibaro. Then when it says how can I help you, you say, "Find all devices", that should work. All the devices should appear in your connected list

On 11/2/2018 at 10:37 AM, Spindel said:

Well, that works locally in one room. I could move all wallplugs to a fictional room in Google home (app) but I don´t want to go around en each room saying turn lights off. I say "turn ALL lights off" to turn them all of, but that would include my fictional room...

Routines in Google home (app) could probably solve it I guess, but it isn´t available in my country.

I had issue where I had two bed side lights that I wanted to stay on when I told Google to turn off lights in the bedroom. I just removed the bedside lights and put them in their own separate room within the Google app

Edited by matt1981
Edit

7 minutes ago, matt1981 said:

I had issue where I had two bed side lights that I wanted to stay on when I told Google to turn off lights in the bedroom. I just removed the bedside lights and put them in their own separate room within the Google app

The devices should not have the same name. If they are, GA have troubles...

6 hours ago, adyboss said:

The devices should not have the same name. If they are, GA have troubles...

mine work just fine. the lights are labeled bedside 1 and bedside 2. i put them both in a room titled "bedside" i say "turn on bedside lights" without any issues. so im confused as to what you mean by "the devices should not have the same name"??

Edited by matt1981
Edit

I cannot explain now but here is a discussion with a "support team":

Ticket: 

Details : Hi, here is a problem: - I have two bathrooms (Bathroom Big and Bathroom Small) and in each of them are defined two light switches (Mirror and Fan) - the light swiches are the same names in both bathrooms The problem is that when I say to Google to "Turn ON/OFF Bathroom Big Lights" it is always turning ON/OFF the same switches but one (Fan) is on Bathroom Big and the other one (Mirror) is in Bathroom Small. With any command I cannot turn ON/OFF the other two switches. I have reordered in Google Home (in rooms) but no success. The same Mirror and Fan switches are getting command. I can rename them (to make a difference between them) but... this was not the idea. If you need other info please let me know. Regards.

Hi Adrian,

This is a limitation of the Google Home, while it seems to allow for devices with the same name, it does not work as intended.
Yes, you can put each device into a room within the GH app, but this is only useful when instructing it to turn on 'room name'. There is no link to the GH and the room that it is actually in (which would be good)
All I can suggest, and this is something I have had to do as well is rename them to be different.

regards

1 hour ago, adyboss said:

I cannot explain now but here is a discussion with a "support team":

Ticket: 

Details : Hi, here is a problem: - I have two bathrooms (Bathroom Big and Bathroom Small) and in each of them are defined two light switches (Mirror and Fan) - the light swiches are the same names in both bathrooms The problem is that when I say to Google to "Turn ON/OFF Bathroom Big Lights" it is always turning ON/OFF the same switches but one (Fan) is on Bathroom Big and the other one (Mirror) is in Bathroom Small. With any command I cannot turn ON/OFF the other two switches. I have reordered in Google Home (in rooms) but no success. The same Mirror and Fan switches are getting command. I can rename them (to make a difference between them) but... this was not the idea. If you need other info please let me know. Regards.

Hi Adrian,

This is a limitation of the Google Home, while it seems to allow for devices with the same name, it does not work as intended.
Yes, you can put each device into a room within the GH app, but this is only useful when instructing it to turn on 'room name'. There is no link to the GH and the room that it is actually in (which would be good)
All I can suggest, and this is something I have had to do as well is rename them to be different.

regards

i could see where this could problem in that example.  i know sometimes in my home where i say turn on the "master bedroom light" and instead it turns on another light in the guest room, which in the guest room, the light is named "bedroom light".   

Hi guys, 

it's possible to use a VD to goggle home? for example press a virtual button???

and if is possible to ask a google home a temperature in a room??

thanks 

18 minutes ago, Nexus said:

Hi guys, 

it's possible to use a VD to goggle home? for example press a virtual button???

and if is possible to ask a google home a temperature in a room??

thanks 

google home is a speaker with a mic. you can use a netatmo in each room and connect it with IFTTT.  

both Netatmo weather station and Google Home/Assistant both have ifttt support. 

this allows you to ask google home what the temp is in a specific room.  

here's what they say about google assistant/home 

Edited by matt1981
Edit

20 hours ago, matt1981 said:

google home is a speaker with a mic. you can use a netatmo in each room and connect it with IFTTT.  

both Netatmo weather station and Google Home/Assistant both have ifttt support. 

this allows you to ask google home what the temp is in a specific room.  

here's what they say about google assistant/home 

Thanks @matt1981 i know Google home, i have 3 mini at my home.

mi request is different, with Netatmo i  meant if possible to know the temperature using the netatmo station or the internal module.
on the VD instead you can not do anything? I have many LED strips controlled by VD (tasmota) but I do not know how to control them

37 minutes ago, Nexus said:

Thanks @matt1981 i know Google home, i have 3 mini at my home.

mi request is different, with Netatmo i  meant if possible to know the temperature using the netatmo station or the internal module.
on the VD instead you can not do anything? I have many LED strips controlled by VD (tasmota) but I do not know how to control them

this communication is done between the google home and netatmo once you add the netatmo account to google assistant.  heres a list of example questions and commands you can ask google with the netatmo indoor station.  

Guys, anyone knows why I cant activate my LUA scene via Gooogle Assistant of my HC2? Is seems rubbish so far

Cheers

Piotrek

Thanks. What is the driver of such behaviour. Scene is a scene, why should they care?

little question that I could not found.

I considering a google home but I want to push Virtual device buttons with voice command is this possible with google home ?

Or ask what is a status of a virtual device?