Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

RESET HC2 TO FACTORY DEFAULT

wildfandango

Hi there, i have a big problem,,, major of my house is controled by the hc2.

After a electric storm the devide has dead :(

I must send the HC2 to the Fibaro Suport in Pol, but is very important to me recover my house control.

I have buy a sencond hc2 unit in amazon (used device, 2nd hand), now i have 2 devices one damaged ready to send to Fibaro support and another "ok" from amazon...

I have 2 problems.

• The amazon devices is preconfigured and i dont know the IP... there is a method to reset the device to the factory defaults?
  • The damaged device has a usb stick, i can change the usb-stick between devices directly?

thx in advance

Hi @wildfandango and welcome to Fibaro forum!

1. To reset HC2 to factory settings please see this link:

Please login or register to see this link.

2. You can not use another USB stick with HC2 except the one that came with it. Officially you have to send HC2 to be paired with another stick to use. But there are some solutions that are not officially supported by Fibaro. One that maybe can help, you can find here or on French Fibaro forum It has something to do with backups.

3 hours ago, wildfandango said:

Hi there, i have a big problem,,, major of my house is controled by the hc2.

After a electric storm the devide has dead :(

I must send the HC2 to the Fibaro Suport in Pol, but is very important to me recover my house control.

I have buy a sencond hc2 unit in amazon (used device, 2nd hand), now i have 2 devices one damaged ready to send to Fibaro support and another "ok" from amazon...

I have 2 problems.

• The amazon devices is preconfigured and i dont know the IP... there is a method to reset the device to the factory defaults?
  • The damaged device has a usb stick, i can change the usb-stick between devices directly?

thx in advance

This issue adds to the need for Fibaro to come up with a solution for an external backup in order to be able to recreate all the house scenes on a new device. During winter and winter holidays no one can wait for the postal service and Fibaro to deliver a refurbished homecenter. Especially if guarantee is gone anyway.

check PM, i think i can help you before holidays