Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Integrated Alarm Suggestion

alandee

Question

Hi,

My alarm system has finally died , for good this time, the panel was always a little dodgey, but now it's burnt beyond what I can be bothered trying to fix ..

Anyway, I'd like to replace the complete alarm system with something I can integrate to a greater or lesser extent with the HC2. I remember someone posting something about a plug in board called .. envision .. i think ? and it might have been a plug in for DAS alarms ? But I can't find anything on that when I search so I've probably got the name wrong. I don't mind running wires, Actually prefer it for an alarm system, and I don't really mind what sort of cost there is if it ticks the right boxes.

Although it's not essential, Ideally I'd like to have some secured integration also with gate and door control and also cameras all in one... but that wish list may have just put me into a fixed wired C-Bus or Control-4 system I expect.

Does anyone have anything remotely like this that I can start researching ? It's difficult to know where to start as the suppliers of most of the alarm systems around here seem to have little idea about integration.

Or to put it another way, what home alarm system do you have and how have you integrated it with your Fibaro system ?

Cheers in advance,

al.

Hi, I also think about Alarm System that integrates with Fibaro, but I'm a little bit afraid because I've heard that people have got some issues with all those plugins to Alarms (like Satel Integra), which sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

Also duplicates sensors is something that makes me think that I will build my Alarm based on Fibaro only. I'll not need to duplicate sensors, so to turn lights I'll use them, for Alarm I can also use the same ones. There are Z-Wave Sirens as well as there are ways to connect regular one to Fibaro.

Anyone on the Forum uses and is happy with that approach?

Of course you can use Fibaro sensors and the HC2 as an alarm setup. Fibaro Home Center has become important to me know. But still... As an alarm I use a separate system for that. I use a DSC Power Series alarm with an Envisalink4 integration card card attached (DSC Neo is *locked* and cannot be used). If you look around you can see integration stuff for envisalink with Fibaro. There is also a plugin included in HC2 for it as well as the one I have written (se marketplace.fibaro.com). I have a lot of reason for using a separate alarm. I however uses all DSC door and PIR sensors in HC2.

I also took the work to wire most sensors. For security, for battery issues and for much faster breach/restore times so the sensors are not blind for periods. Also glass break sensors can be integrated in an external approved alarm. This is VERY important as the alarm go BEFORE a burglar enters your home instead of when he is already in. What you want to do is to take away the time a burglar has. That is one of the most important rules.

I have HC2 for most stuff I do. But for burglar alarm and smoke sensors I use external approved stuff and then integrate them with Fibaro. Then I have the best of two worlds... :)

I think you must first think of if you should go for Fibaro as your alarm or by something external and integrate it with Fibaro HC2. There are actually pros and cons for both.

/Peo

Edited by pos

I've been seriously considering using fibaro door/window sensors for my alarm and cameras for large movement. What I really would like if fibaro came out with  is shock/vibration sensor for windows.  I mean, if someone breaks the glass on a window, they're not going to open the window if there's already giant hole in it...   There really isn't a good quality z-wave plus enabled shock/vibration sensor on the market.... 

Edited by matt1981
edit

2 godziny temu, pos napisał:

Then I have the best of two worlds... :)

/Peo

So in general, when Satel / DSC is connected with Fibaro, I can use Alarm PIRs or Window Sensors the same way as I use today Fibaro units? No lags, delays?

I want to avoid to duplicate sensors in all rooms (one PIR for Alarm, next to it one from Fibaro). I still want to build "smart" scenes based on all devices.

8 minutes ago, Danielox said:

So in general, when Satel / DSC is connected with Fibaro, I can use Alarm PIRs or Window Sensors the same way as I use today Fibaro units? No lags, delays?

I want to avoid to duplicate sensors in all rooms (one PIR for Alarm, next to it one from Fibaro). I still want to build "smart" scenes based on all devices.

Cannot speak for Satel. With the DSC setup I have, the sensors are wired and the breach/restore is sent out over the Envisalink card that is also wired. It is then sent on the the HC2 over the ethernet wire as a global variable in HC2 that you trigger on when it breches and restores. This very quicky. But if there is a lag triggering a scene or so on a gobal variable and if it is better or worse that a Fibaro motion sensor tigger over the air by zwave? I cannot tell. I have not measured it. For me it is good! If it was bad I would not use it. The feeling is that it is at least as good as doing it with a Fibaro motion sensor.

/Peo

Edited by pos
  • Like 1

• Inquirer
  • Thanks @pos, great input. The Envisalink was the card I was thinking of, and I'll start down that path and see how it prices out.

@Sjekke I'll have a look at the Satel too, but I think it is harder to find here in Australia than the DSC, which is more common. If I can find it I will compare it though, options are always good.

@Danielox I'd not think of using anything either cloud based or entirely wireless or with only http as a connection for a home security system, hence the integration rather than reliance on Fibaro, I'm sure many people do, but it's not really entirely secure on a number of fronts .. whereas a dedicated security system has some failings, but few flaws.

@matt1981 Aeotec have a glass break sensor :

Please login or register to see this link.

I havent seen one in the flesh though.

Cheers for the tips, and happy holidays to all !

Al.

Edited by alandee

• Inquirer
  • 1 hour ago, Sjekke said:

@alandee 

@Sjekke thanks for the link, I'll follow it through, do all the satel panels and options work with fibaro ?

Integra does, so I'll keep looking into that one!

Cheers,

al.

Edited by alandee
    • Thanks 1

Hi @alandee I have Satel and Fibaro, but I don’t have the integration (yet). Nevertheless I talked to a technician of Robbshop in the Netherlands who integrates both. You can use all the detectors of Satel in Fibaro, arm/disarm via Fibaro and so on. Take a look at 

Maybe other members on the forum here have a integration of both. Maybe even @I.Srodka can give you some info about there  cooperation with Satel.

cheers

Sjekke

Edited by Sjekke

@Sjekke, it is worth mentioning, that Satel is indeed supported but only up to Satel Integra 128, Integra 256 is not supported for the time being.

• Inquirer
  • On 22/12/2017 at 7:10 PM, I.Srodka said:

@Sjekke, it is worth mentioning, that Satel is indeed supported but only up to Satel Integra 128, Integra 256 is not supported for the time being.

On 22/12/2017 at 5:22 PM, Sjekke said:

Hi @alandee I have Satel and Fibaro, but I don’t have the integration (yet). Nevertheless I talked to a technician of Robbshop in the Netherlands who integrates both. You can use all the detectors of Satel in Fibaro, arm/disarm via Fibaro and so on. Take a look at 

Maybe other members on the forum here have a integration of both. Maybe even @I.Srodka can give you some info about there  cooperation with Satel.

cheers

Sjekke

Thanks for the heads up @I.Srodka, and @Sjekke your guidance has been invaluable !

I've contacted the dudes in New Zealand and they will sort something once they get back from the holiday break for me.

Cheers,

al.

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • So .. does anyone know these units inside and out ? I ended up getting an integra 32 but can't even get the board to talk to dloadx .. i select the com port, it connects ( at least the light turns green ) and then I don't get the popup box that the you tube shows, and when i try and read data it says not connected .. so I'm kinda stuck before I start ! I have the ethernet connector and haven't tried to connect that thinking I would set up the panel and a keypad first ? Any ideas or hints ?

Cheers,

al.

Edited by alandee

• Inquirer
  • hi @krakow, no I havent even gotten the alram working by itself, let alone integrated with fibaro !

I've had a couple of other projects to finish up, then I thought I'd bite the bullet and get a new board, as I think the one supplied is no good ..

Cheers,

al.

On 8/20/2018 at 11:57 AM, alandee said:

hi @krakow, no I havent even gotten the alram working by itself, let alone integrated with fibaro !

I've had a couple of other projects to finish up, then I thought I'd bite the bullet and get a new board, as I think the one supplied is no good ..

Cheers,

al.

Any updates here Al?  Im also in Aus and would like an easy alarm integration.

• Inquirer
  • Hi, funny you should mention it, I just last week ordered a new board. Expect it in a couple of weeks, and will be giving it another crack !

I'll let you know how I go. the support here for the integra is almost non existant though, and the dude who has some association here in Au doesn't respond, so I'm talking to a mob in Eu and freighting it over.

The DSC might be a better option here in Au based on my experience from a support point of view.

Cheers,

al.