Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[SOLVED]Fibaro Dimmer 2 FGD-212 - Double switch setup

pelaoboyka

Question

Hi!

I purchased a FGD-212 Dimmer 2, to install it on a double switch that controls two independent lamps:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Since I do not have a neutral cable in my switch box, I would like to know if I can output 'N' to 'Sx' from the FGD-212 module as indicated in the following diagram that I found on the internet:

Thanks for your help.

6 answers to this question

The dimmer is for dimming only one light (or two, but then the cannot be dimmed independently).

The S1/Sx connections are for the single or double switch (again to control one light).

See also the manual of the dimmer 2 module.

I am using the Dimmer 2 to control 1 Lamp with a Single Wall Switch, working fine. Is it possible to use a Dual Wall Switch and use the second Switch to remote control other devices, like a fibaro wall plug?

Edited by D4RK1

• Inquirer
  • Thanks for your help.
    I think I will try to make it as simple as possible: I just want to control one of the two lamps (the one that is dimmable), I would like you to tell me which of the two schemes is the right one.
    Thanks!

OPTION A:

OPTION B:

Edited by pelaoboyka

Hi

You cannot use Option A nor B. The non-dimmable light must have it's connection to L (Live) directly, not from Sx. In order to switch the non-dimmable without Fibaro unit, you need a double wall switch with two independant L connections. In that way, one switch can connect the dimmable light with Sx and the other switch control L to light directly.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks for your help. I changed the double switch so that it has two inputs: L1 and L2. I have followed the instructions of fibaro and it´s works :D

Edited by pelaoboyka