Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[HOMEKIT] Homekit in scenes type called automation

jakub.jezek
Message added by T.Konopka

Fix is being worked on.

Hello guys,

Is it just me or in app Fibaro for Homekit devices and in Home app it is unable to add any sensor into a scene (Automation type). I saw this with Flood sensor and D/W sensor. And i get that device is read-only. I want to read temperature and use it as a sensor for condition, not an acurator.

I would like to test some heating control and use flood sensor as temperature sensor. Acurator is Fibaro Homekit switch.

@T.Konopka or @I.Srodka, any ideas how to add sensor to a condition?

Screenshot from app Fibaro for homekit devices:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by jakub.jezek

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".

• Topic Author
  • 35 minutes ago, I.Srodka said:

It's a known issue, there will be a fix within the month.

Thanks for info. I will let customer know.

There is limitation from Apple in home kit so you can't use temperature as a trigger. I have the same problem and this is not specific to Fibaro only devices. I can use Fibaro Flood sensor for detecting leaks and use it in home kit rules but not temperature sensors. Other brands have exactly same limitation. The only one workaround right now is to use Elgato's Eve app for home kit to create rules with temperature sensor but still you can't use temperature senors as trigger but you can use temperature sensors as condition for other triggers and it works fine with any brand sensors but I agree that is not real fix for using temperature sensors as a  real trigger in home kit. It sounds strange if there is a fix coming soon for this issue because this is only up to Apple right now to change this and not a specific home kit device makers.

2 minutes ago, mszfcz said:

There is limitation from Apple in home kit so you can't use temperature as a trigger.

Yes, this is completely true.

However, our app had had also some other issues which will be fixed and we hope you won't have to use Elgato's app : )

In general, HomeKit limits us in many cases, for example, notifications. We had planned to introduce some better notification system but that's up to Apple in this manner.

Feel free to leave them a note:

(iCloud category seems the most approriate)

Yepp, I'm waiting too for Apple to make it possible besides to let any device/event become as a trigger to let user decide on which free event receive a push notification not only for doors and locks  :)