Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Roller Shutter 2 working without Calibration?

JogiL

Question

Hi,

I can’t calibrate my roller shutter (FGR-222, I guess due to missing feedback from the motor; when I started the calibration process it moved for 1 sec. up , 1 sec. down and then ist stopped).

After reading a lot of posts in different forums, I'm still not sure if I'm understanding it correctly. Maybe you can help my by answering some questions:

1. Can I operate it (only open and close) without calibration?
  2. If yes, is it correct to set all parameters to 0 except #22 (motor operation time) to 25 (for 25 sec. that the rollers need to open/close)?
  3. If no, can I make the calibration work by setting the parameters differently, maybe like this:

#10 Roller Shutter operating modes: 1 – Roller Blind Mode, with positioning 
    #18. Motor operation detection: 3 (this W number is shown on the tile when operating)?

4. What does the LED mean? Is it Ok that they are still green or read after the movement has stopped?

5. When the LED is green the device is kind of humming silently. Is this OK?

Regards,

Jochen

5 answers to this question

@JogiL

If i understand correct, if you start the callibration he moves 1sec up and then 1sec up? But if you start the callibration process he must first going down and then up.

If you exchange the up and down wires on the roller shutter.

I have the same problem with a Geze 30watt motor for window. In my opinion the power consumption of the motor is very low in order for the roller shutter to detect it. In my case the motor shows only 3-5watts while moving. I still cannot calibrate it. As you say it moves 1s in one direction and 1s in other direction.

• Like 1

Most important issue is that you first calibrate the motor, regardless to Fibaro or whatever else.

Your shutter has to work  correctly with your mechanical up and down switch and has to be set to the maximum upper and down levels.

The next step is to calibrate your Fibaro Roller Shutter Switch  to the same  levels.

When your motor keeps on 'humming' it didn't meet the min or max level and keeps on trying. This is because the mechanical end levels aren't reached.

You risk a blown motor now!

So first set the mechanical min & max positions (normally by turning the Hex-bolts on the end of the motor) see the attached image.

And after that, calibrate the Fibaro Roller Shutter Module and it will set itselves accordingly to the mechanical settings of your shutter. 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Inquirer
  • @Reinhold

Thank you for your help! Regarding the calibration: The manual says "The procedure consists of an automatic, full movement between the limit switches (up, down, and up again). [...] Each time the calibration requires the completion of a full cycle (up and down). You are saying that it "must first going down and then up". Maybe it is a misunderstanding? I closed the roller shutter first and started the calibration then (so that it can go up first (according to the manual: "up, down, and up again)"). Is that wrong? 
    I have exchanged the up and down wires already, but that didn't help.

@TRicky

Thank you for your help!The motor is already calibrated (I have been using it for years without Fibaro). So this shouldn't be the problem. 

And it is not the motor that is humming, it is the Fibaro (only when the LED is green). Do you think that this is a problem?

I have the stores to work only with a maximum of 25 seconds. THe minimum and maximum are set in the hardware when I don't use Fibaro. The stores needs around 30 seconds to open or close. THe maximum setting in the module is 25 seconds. How can that be adapted to at least 30 seconds?