Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Aeotec multisensor keeps flashing green

nickmc

Question

Hi all,

I have two Aeotec multisensors both working ell. The only trouble I have is that they flash the green light once every 5 seconds or so.

It's quite bright, so at night time it's not great!

Is there a way to turn it off? Or, perhaps it is indicating something I need to fix, which will then turn it off?

Cheers,

Nick 

Have you tried to poll the sensors a little more often? Go into the Advanced tab in the device and scroll down to polling time. Try with 60 sec. and adjust the time up or down to the green light goes away. I have a power plug that need to be polled every 90 seconds so it dos not blink.

If you mean they flash really every 5 seconds or so, you might want to exclude and include them again. Before inclusion though, you might want the latest firmware for your MS6.

Please login or register to see this link.

V1.10 + V1.11:

1. Added addition setting for Parameter 81 to completely disable LED. 

Parameter 81 [1 byte size]

0 = All LED allowed

1 = Disable Motion sensor only.

2 = Disable all LED activity

But you'll have to buy a z-wave stick to update the sensor...

Edited by petergebruers
  • Like 1

• Inquirer
  • 11 hours ago, Thomasn said:

Have you tried to poll the sensors a little more often? Go into the Advanced tab in the device and scroll down to polling time. Try with 60 sec. and adjust the time up or down to the green light goes away. I have a power plug that need to be polled every 90 seconds so it dos not blink.

Hey there, 

I cant see n option to chnge polling time?

Mine are set to exclude from polling, its in Advanced settings.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

P.S mine only flash when triggered. I would be re including them as @petergebruers

has suggested.

Remember when re including, just one press of its button as 2 presses includes it in secure mode.

I don't think it can be polled, if it is an MS6 and was included on batteries. Because battery operated devices do not have that setting.

Almost all devices must be excluded, put on USB, then included again to change from battery mode to mains mode.

• Inquirer
  • Ok, mine is USB powered.

I dont have the option you have circled @Jamie mccrostie but I have Wake Up insted... same thing?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

@nickmcI mine is on USB too but different settings. Maybe different device firmware, but Im guessing. Mine are v1.7

Have you tried exclude and re include.

• Inquirer
  • @Jamie mccrostie yes i just did that, and now it has the option of excluding from poling, which i have selected, but it STILL flashes every ten seconds

1 minute ago, nickmc said:

@Jamie mccrostie yes i just did that, and now it has the option of excluding from poling, which i have selected, but it STILL flashes every ten seconds

Have you checked aeotec MS6 manual online.

It has a health check function.

Just google aeotec MS6

There are different software versions shown on hc device general tab

As I said mine is v1.7

but there are differences between the versions available  paramaters

And the Fibaro provided  template only show some of the available parameters. 

You can delete that template and add  the parameters one at a time to change the defaults to the settings you need .

All of those settings are shown on the appropriate MS6 version  manual.

• Inquirer
  • 3 minutes ago, Jamie mccrostie said:

And the Fibaro provided  template only show some of the available parameters. 

You can delete that template and add  the parameters one at a time to change the defaults to the settings you need .

All of those settings are shown on the appropriate MS6 version  manual.

Ok @Jamie mccrostie but if i dont know what parameter is causing the flashing, its not much point right

As @petergebruers said if you upgrade to v1.8, (but you need the aeotec zwave stick to do this) it has the option to turn off leds .

But sorry I have no idea while its flashing so often because mine flash once after movement has been picked up but only after the set blind time has expired.

Whats your version number? v1.6 or v1.7?

v1.6

v1.7

Edited by Jamie mccrostie

Long shot.

First... Reboot your HC. Try a (proper, clean) exclusion (delete device). Then try reset procedure (which, theoretically, should be performed automatically when you exclude the device, but do it anyway). The manual says:"press and hold the Z-Wave Button for 20 seconds and then release it. Your MultiSensor will now be reset to its original settings, and the LED will stay solid for 2 seconds and then turn off as a confirmation."

Then include it again.

Do you have any other (remotely) strange issues on your HC?

What's the FW version of your device? If it is < 1.06 then it is very buggy. If you cannot update the device, ask your supplier.

Regarding polling, wake up, batteries and what it all means: