Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Android remote login fails

cford67

Question

I've reinstalled the app on android. Reset the logins and I still can't get remote access via the mobile network.

I can login via the web browser through Fibaro remote access page but the app never works. Why is this, can it be fixed.

?

The app works fine when at home on the same network.

The remote access tab is enabled 

Edited by cford67
Not finished
  • Like 1

13 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Is that both on phone signal or is one mobile network, are they both android?

same problem here, its been a problem for some time with no anwers.

Local access works fine, Remote access for IPAD/IPHONE works fine (though slow), access via website works fine.  But android, NO it STILL does not work!

Hi guys!

I've checked the remote login and our back-end works perfectly fine.

You shouldn't have any problems, please make sure you have correctly provided login and password.

Be aware of the double login "window". First you need to provide credentials for Fibaro ID, then your local credentials.

Maybe the app wasn't completely removed and there were some cache/temp files left behind. Now when you open this app, it tries the old credentials.

Please make sure that when you're disconnected from the WiFi that your mobile network data is turned on.

• Inquirer
  • It does not work! I have reset the app, reset the user and it won't let me in eternally. As soon as I'm back on Wi-Fi with the same credentials it works.

Cam you do something about it, your response is condescending.

IT DOES NOT WORK

• Inquirer
  • I've raised a support ticket as well. I tried again today following the instrutions, it let me log in over cellular once, then after I had gone back onto wifi it would not work again the next time it was cellular. It immediately reported an error.

Hi all.  So I have spent some time on this issue with fibaro support and so far to me it seems to be an issue that only effects android If you try remote login into an account that has a lot of devices (ie seems to me to be a timeout issue enumerating all the devices)

Can others with the issue confirm the following if you get the same experence;

1. If you log into the app from your local network first then move to a remote network without logging out of the fibaro app it work abet slowly.

2.  If you create a local account on the hc2 and only give it a few devices I can login and use without issue with that account whereas if you go to your admin or account with lots of devices it fails to login properly remotely and the app just loads with all the icons greyed out except settings etc.

Is this the experence others get?

Well after not having remote access on android (but fine on web and ios) I now have it working by changing DNS from the recommended google one back to my core router address.

Doesn't make sense but works now for me 

@mobbie, I cannot login to the Vibaro App using android either (samsung S8). Very disappointing.  @I.Srodka can we have a solution please? saying it works on your end is not helpful.  I can login using a desktop (so version, login details etc are all correct).