Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Alarm doesn’t pop up or ring

RobvT

Question

Why doesn’t the Fibaro app warm me when the Alarm Goes off. No vibration or alarmtone?

Why should it ?

Just to get it right: You want to receive a notification in your app when you deactivate the alarm or when you disarm ?

• Inquirer
  • I want a notification when my alarm goes off. Lights are flashing and screenshots taken with the IP camera’s but my phone doesn’t do anything.

1) You've activated the "alarm lights" scene and the "send images" scene in your alarm panel, right ?

2) Then you've armed the system via alarm panel, right ?

3) Then a sensor is breached and the alarm is present (you see it in the WUI of your HCL) ?

4) Your App shows nothing but the regular setup ?

• Inquirer
  • When I open the app it says alarm. But shouldn't it give me a push notification on my phone?

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • 6 hours ago, T.Konopka said:

@RobvT, you have to create push notifications in order to receive them. Did you do that?

Nope didn’t do that. Where do I do that?

• Inquirer
  • Ah found the setting in Configuration => Acces Control but nothing happends

You have to make a notification and run it in a scene that triggers when the sensors are breached.

go to:

Please login or register to see this link.

On 12.01.2018 at 10:13 PM, RobvT said:

Nope didn’t do that. Where do I do that?

You can follow the instructions for an interactive push:

It's quite similar, at the end you can choose normal push.

You can also check how to make a push notification with Magic Scenes:

I have this problem with the triggering of my smoke sensors, in my honest opinion the smoke detection alarms are poorly implemented in the fibaro system.

If you do not manually create a notification for the smoke sensors and couple these on the "about turn on" event you wont be alarmed when you are outside your home. 

Is it possible to add the smoke alarm to the alarm panel functionality?

I do like the functionality that is currently implemented with the motion alarm equipment.

When a sensor is breached you have a nice pop up and are able to disarm the sensor etc.

Could fibaro add a fire alarm panel with similar functionality as the normal alarm panel?

It would be a nice plugin to the existing system which will make it more easy for uses to configure there smoke alarm actions

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • 10 hours ago, I.Srodka said:

You can follow the instructions for an interactive push:

It's quite similar, at the end you can choose normal push.

You can also check how to make a push notification with Magic Scenes:

Thx

4 hours ago, CoopR said:

I have this problem with the triggering of my smoke sensors, in my honest opinion the smoke detection alarms are poorly implemented in the fibaro system.

If you do not manually create a notification for the smoke sensors and couple these on the "about turn on" event you wont be alarmed when you are outside your home. 

Is it possible to add the smoke alarm to the alarm panel functionality?

I do like the functionality that is currently implemented with the motion alarm equipment.

When a sensor is breached you have a nice pop up and are able to disarm the sensor etc.

Could fibaro add a fire alarm panel with similar functionality as the normal alarm panel?

It would be a nice plugin to the existing system which will make it more easy for uses to configure there smoke alarm actions

That is strange indeed

I have similar problem.

I've connected a Door-sensor to my HC2. I'd like an alarm sound if the door is opened. If I'm in the app the alarm is ok. But if the app is running in the background the alarm doesn't work only if I open the app. I made push notification but if my phone is muted I can't hear it.  Tried to overwrite the 'do not disturb' function but not working. Tried with Tasker but no success.

How can I solve to hear either the alarm or the push notification when I'm (and my phone are) sleeping?

Thank you!

I have the same problem, I wanted an alarm to sound on my phone when an motion detector detects some movement. If it is not possible to creat an alarm, then maybe an IP phone call instead, and then I could change the sound of that call specific to sound like an alarm. Can some one help please.

Still regarding to may question, the problem is that a push message or a mail is just now enought. My smarth phone should start vibrating and sounding an alarm with the volume to the max, after all an alarm means that my house was breached. I thing this is a huge fail on fibaro system. Is it possible to overcome this with some kind of application installed on my phone, that is allways looking to the push messages and when a specific one arrives it souds an alarm with the maximum volume?

On 1/20/2019 at 8:56 PM, Bruno Azevedo said:

Still regarding to may question, the problem is that a push message or a mail is just now enought. My smarth phone should start vibrating and sounding an alarm with the volume to the max, after all an alarm means that my house was breached. I thing this is a huge fail on fibaro system. Is it possible to overcome this with some kind of application installed on my phone, that is allways looking to the push messages and when a specific one arrives it souds an alarm with the maximum volume?

I second the above, When I get a breach at home, it often goes missed until I notice emails coming through or a missed push notification.

Regards, James.

• Like 1

I found the issue and fix for me. It's in the Fibaro [Android] app.

1.Go to Settings (gear icon), then scroll down two and half screens till you see the Keep Awake section.

2.Turn Keep Awake ON and it will remain running in the background.

It then alerted me even when I navigated away from the Fibaro app. I also then found that when I exited the Fibaro app, and it confirms 'Do you want to exit?" After hitting <YES>, it still ran in the background on my Android at notified me even when the screen was off or I was doing something else on the phone.

I hope that helps.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

On 1/24/2019 at 1:46 PM, Nis said:

I second the above, When I get a breach at home, it often goes missed until I notice emails coming through or a missed push notification.

Regards, James.

The same problem i have also. Can you please reply on how to solve this issue? It is very important to receive prompt notification when the alarm is triggered!

Thx for your prompt reponse.

I have the same issues on my HC3. I see an alarm coming in when i have the app open, but only visual. No sound, no noise, no vibrating. It seems that a lot of people are having this issue for a long time unless you make your own scenes. Why did they put o much effort in creating al kinds of alarm options while you can't really use them as a real alarm system?