Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Door sensor not communicating

Flowy

Question

Hi,

I have a not working Fibaro door sensor.

13 months old.

Suddenly it stopped communicating with the HCL. Battery is ok. It is able to read the door position (open, close) by flashing the blue led.

Tried to reset it different times, version 2.5

Now by clicking once the tamper button on its back it flashes for about 10 seconds and then off again.

Do you have some idea? Broken?

Thank you

Edited by Flowy

11 answers to this question

Ok, so here is the solution:

It seems that the magnet/sensor within the DW sensor (the bigger piece of the device) is simply stuck in the closed position. It can happen due to the battery changing process, or simply over time. This is why people are talking about it when the device gets a bit older... Unfortunatelly the small magnet (the smaller piece of the device) is not capable to pull it out from this stucked position. But if you get an other, bigger/stronger magnet and start playing with it (put it close then take it away, try to rotate the magnet as polarity matters here), then you can fix the issue.

I did it with my sensor which was reporting only the Temp data as I wrote above and it is working again for 2 weeks already without any issue.

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • On 5/10/2018 at 3:19 PM, A.Smolinski said:

Hi @Flowy ,

Sorry for the late reply.

Is the problem still present?

Ahah c'mon Fibaro you can do it better!

I also sent the email to the official address for the Fibaro technical support without having received any answer!

Facts are:

- one Fibaro device broken and still under warranty condition

- warranty is not respected

- now I have to find another brand to buy to connect the door

Do you really think that small pieces of plastic (even not a good plastic) with very limited technology inside could cost more than 50€ and last for one year?

Then spend other 50€? And this for a number of devices in the complete house?

1000€ each year?

C'mon!!!

I'm really sorry to hear that. Could you please send me your case number so that I can look into it?
    I'll be sure to come back to you as soon as possible.

On 5/16/2018 at 1:07 PM, T.Konopka said:

I'm really sorry to hear that. Could you please send me your case number so that I can look into it?
    I'll be sure to come back to you as soon as possible.

Same problem here ... and this is the second time that happened to me.

A few months ago I had to replace the battery of one of my Fibaro Door sensors. After doing that, sensor was no longer working. I had to reset it, but even using new batteries (I tested with several ones), it´s still complaining about low battery and erratic response, so I had to buy a new one because it was out of warranty.

This month other door sensor ask for a battery replacement and same problem again. After replace it, it´s not working. It´s not detected by HC2 and I'm not able to exclude it. 
    The battery procedure I applied was the same one as worked for me a few years ago. Open the door, open the enclosure, replace battery, close the enclosure. (It´s hard to think that I made a reset by my fault). 
    Could you please tell me how could I fix this problem? I cannot believe that I'd need to buy a new one again just because of some bug related to this battery replacement. 

Same problem with 2 sensors since last week. I replaced batteries with doors open to prevent reset of the sensors. Now suddenly the HC2 no longer sees the sensors, nor can I exclude  the sensors from the system. 

Hi all,

Same problem. Have got two sensors included but non of them changes the status when opening the door?

Fresh batteries and tried reconnecting and reconfigurations ?!?

Any ideas?

Best regards

Markus

Hi All,

Did you found any solution for this issue?

I have a DW sensor, it is communicating the temperature but not communicating the door open/close status.

I had an issue with a Gen 2 window sensor as well and found the solution. The problem I had was that the sensor was no longer responding to the controller even after changing battery.

I discovered that the TMP button on the back (not the TMP button on the side!) was stuck in the active state!

When I glued the device to the window, some glue must have spread to the button and when i pushed it down to physically install it, the back TMP button must have gotten stuck!

For those of you who are scratching their heads trying to reset the device, excluding, including or switching batteries, stop! Try to simply unstick the device from the wall/window and see if it releases the TMP button! In my case, I just needed to unstick the side where the detector was for the device to come back to life.