Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Intercom Microphone does not work

GreenUser

Question

I have an intercom powered by POE to work properly, except the microphone.
You can not hear who is ringing the bell.
Does anyone have Intercom working properly?
Thank you.

Hi @GreenUser!

Could you specify? You don't hear the ringtone sound, ringing sound or you don't hear the person speaking to the device?

Which device do you use? Which iPhone? Which iOS version? Is the mute switch active? Is the multimedia volume high?

• Inquirer
  •  
    I just do not hear the person talking.
    When I listen to the message I leave in the voice mail, I hear the ringing on the recording, but I do not hear the person's voice.

I have already increased the sound of the iphone, it is at the maximum. In the Intercom app, the microphone is also maxed out. Decreases the sound of the speaker, could it interfere with the "Noise-canceling microphones"?
    Everything is working properly except the microphone.
    Also tested with a 9.7 "ipad, has the same problem.

last IOS version
    software version: 4.1.0_81_e29b44a_REL
    Hardware version: 20000000
    version Intercom APP IOS: 1.0.0

There might be one more thing @GreenUser!

There is this "screen protector" on the Intercom which should be taken off after the installation. Did you or the installer took this off?

They may cover the mic.

• Inquirer
  • Yes, I removed the screen protector. It is a sticky plastic round with a tip. Or is there any other beneath that?

• Inquirer
  • The IOS app I have installed does not have the option to calibrate the intercom, as itunes shows.
    Is there another version? I installed the one in the manual with QR code.

I created users in the intercom app, in which I have installed there is no option to modify or delete the user. And yet?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Because this calibration is not for the sound problems, it's for rotating ring.

• Inquirer
  • I am very disappointed with the intercom. Fibaro support does not respond. It seems to me a product still very little developed. The iOS application has graphic problems, for example letter size.

@GreenUser, I think the only option for you is to send the device back. You will receive details about warranty procedure via email from our support engineer tomorrow.

29 minutes ago, GreenUser said:

I am very disappointed with the intercom. Fibaro support does not respond

@GreenUser, I can imagine that you're disappointed but @I.Srodka from Fibaro Support did help you?

• Inquirer
  • Yes it did. He gave some tips. I opened a ticket by mail on the support and so far I have not received a response.
    I came to the forum to see if anyone has a problem similar to what I have.
    But it seems that no one has yet bought or has to run the intercom.

@GreenUser, so you did get support.... ;D

I think you're indeed one of the first buyers of this intercom.

I was able to buy it a few weeks ago but because there's no Android app yet, I didn't buy it.

But I heard in the rumour circuit that the Android App will become available somewhere in Q2 2018.

And hopefully that app will also work for other intercoms too.

• Inquirer
  • I come from Vera's world. Excellent support and help community.
    I got an HC2 in December 2017, I'm adapting.
    The Fibaro equipment has an appearance, but that's not all and not the most important thing for me.
    Intercom seems to me a good piece of equipment, but it seems to me to be very poorly developed and tested. At least that's the way I feel.

On your last remark I can't comment because I didn't try the intercom yet.

Have a bit of patience and all will be solved by Fibaro.

Hey, hey!

4 hours ago, GreenUser said:

but it seems to me to be very poorly developed and tested.

Just because you may have received a faulty (or damaged in transport) piece, it doesn't mean we haven't tested it.

5 hours ago, GreenUser said:

Yes it did. He gave some tips. I opened a ticket by mail on the support and so far I have not received a response.

Forum admins work in the cooperation with support team so the email support didn't respond to you because I was also getting necessary feedback. We handled the case together and as I said earlier, he will email you the warranty procedure tomorrow (in about 15 hours).

5 hours ago, TRicky said:

@GreenUser, I can imagine that you're disappointed but @I.Srodka from Fibaro Support did help you?

I get what you man @TRicky :D 

5 hours ago, GreenUser said:

But it seems that no one has yet bought or has to run the intercom.

I don't know if you can count me in, but I have operated the Intercom ; )

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Quite satisfying night mode.

B.T.W. @GreenUser,

Did you notice that @I.Srodka gave you an answer at 22:45 at night.  Other people mostly have gone to bed by this time but Fibaro Support is still at the job!

I think you're also sleeping by now and will be reading this tomorrow. That's what I call support!

• Inquirer
  • Hello,

I have already received a response from Fibaro support, I will send Intercom under warranty.

I did not know that the Forum worked in partnership with Support. That's really good.

I would like to know if anyone else had this problem with the sound, if I am the only one or if there are more.

I really like the equipment, I was delighted with the various functionalities that I have working (relays for two gates, access with pin, connection to the tamper, I can connect the camera to my cctv system). I like the design. I will wait for the exchange or repair.

@I.Srodka Is your Intercom powered by POE or 12V? Can there be differences that condition the microphone to work properly?

If nobody else has problems, I've had bad luck.

Edited by GreenUser

On 12.01.2018 at 2:55 PM, GreenUser said:

@I.Srodka Is your Intercom powered by POE or 12V? Can there be differences that condition the microphone to work properly?

Since the video stream has worked (which is a more power-hungry feature), microphone should also work. Hence, the type of power supply shouldn't matter.