Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

CO Sensor test (not sending notification)

D-Vine

Question

Hello,

Finally I have bought the CO sensors and place them in right situation. (documentation of placing is incomplete other topic)

But when I test the sensor I after the first beep got the alarm signal and inside the HC2 i receive notifications of testing. (test in progress and test completed) But the sensor isn't getting in alarm state and also isn't sending a alarm notifications. Because of this the alarm test isn't complete in my opinion.

With smoke sensors we do also a test and the sensor is getting in alarm state with sending the notification. 

Fibaro please fix this quickly that with the test the sensor get a alarm state and send the notification

Please login or register to see this attachment.

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, jakub.jezek said:

Also you can test it via candle and bowl.

1. Light up candle
  2. place CO detector next to it.
  3. Cover candle and CO detector with Bowl.
  4. Wait till alarm goes on.

That is how I do a quick check.

1 hour ago, jakub.jezek said:

For CO testing there are sprays, like this one:

Please login or register to see this link.

Thank you for sharing this link. I have not tried it, but it looks good on paper.

You might be tempted to us car exhaust, but that is very dangerous and will degrade your sensor, so please do not do that.

Edited by petergebruers

Hello @D-Vine,

1. Light up candle

Hope, these tipes helps you to test your CO detector.

Best regards,

Jakub

Edited by jakub.jezek

4 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

Please, Please, Please do not do that again, you are a valuable contributor to this forum and I want you and your sensor to live a long and happy life. Exhaust gasses contain so many chemicals, including acids, it can permanently degrade the sensor (certainly if you put it close to the exhaust)! I'm sorry for my fierce reaction, I really want people to do safer tests.

I edited my post. But experience with CO is experience with CO (even if badly performed).

32 minutes ago, jakub.jezek said:

I edited my post. But experience with CO is experience with CO (even if badly performed).

Thank you for editing your post. If you test it with a car, and after that your sensor is 50% less sensitive because you damaged it, I think that is really bad. So it is good you've removed that bit of your post.

Edited by petergebruers

• Inquirer
  • On 16-1-2018 at 9:09 AM, jakub.jezek said:

Hello @D-Vine,

1. Light up candle

Hope, these tipes helps you to test your CO detector.

Best regards,

Jakub

thanks for the answer I prefer the test spray to make good system test. Just like I do with a smoke sensor test spray.
    But besides this I still want if you press the test button the CO sensor goes into breached mode.

this is because if you have a scene or notification to test you can do it with the test button and not running in your house with candles or that kind of stuff to test it ;)

The smoke sensors work like that so it's logic to make the CO sensors work the same way.

-    Make the test buttons for the internal test including getting into breached mode.

-    Always use the test sprays to make a good test of the internal (optical) sensors

Edited by D-Vine