Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Intercom - get iPhone to ring, rather receive a notification alert?

michaelash

Question

I've started to play with my new Fibaro intercom before I install it under my front porch.

When someone presses the main button on the intercom, I get a notification on my apple watch and/or iPhone. I then have to get my iPhone out, unlock it and open the Fibaro Intercom app (either from the notification or the usual way) and wait for it to connect, before being able to answer the intercom. Its a very time consuming process. I'm assuming there must be a better way to answer the intercom?

I was expecting that after someone presses the intercom button that I'd be able to answer with one tap of the screen - i.e. just like a phone call or a Skype call etc.

Have I missed something in my setup?

Michael

7 answers to this question

Just set mine up - think notification is only way surprisingly!!!!

It would be so much better if the phone just rang like you say.  Notification is just a banner...not great for intercom.

Amazon Alexa calling works better in this respect - call to iPhone from echo shows as call screen like you would get when a normal call comes through with a 'slide to answer' slider. Can slide and your there.

Fibaro is notification - click notification - opens app - press green button to answer call.

On testing I’ve had a few failed notifications and no calls have come through which is worrying. Seems notifications are not always coming through. Email sent to support.

Edited by northyorks

• Inquirer
  • I've not properly installed my Fibaro Intercom yet, as we're having some building work done. I'll be rather disappointed, if the intercom doesn't end up being able to call your iPhone when someone presses the button. It seem such a huge oversight, especially given the cost of the Fibaro Intercom. 

Can anyone at Fibaro comment on whether this functionality is being worked on? Surely it must be???

Hi guys!

I understand your concerns regarding the speed, but this push notification with sound is quite telling.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

So just as you said in the topic:

On 12.01.2018 at 4:05 PM, michaelash said:

get iPhone to ring

It's actually ringing.

However, I will submit your suggestions for consideration!

Thanks for your continued interest in our products.

The Push notification is telling when it works. It doesn't always work though - Ive been onto support and believe an update will fix the issue... BUT whilst notification 'may do' it is certainly not a polished solution.

Moreover from a device which costs so much one would expect a perfect app to go with the perfect device. The app is not there yet.

Here below is how Alexa calling shows on iPhone. Oh it looks like a call.... and could that be slide to answer? Perfect!

Do this and it will be much better..

19 hours ago, northyorks said:

This is almost a perfect solution. When sliding, the app should open up and show the live stream within a split second.

However, to make it perfect I need this also working in the Android app.

On 13.1.2018 at 6:08 PM, northyorks said:

Just set mine up - think notification is only way surprisingly!!!!

It would be so much better if the phone just rang like you say.  Notification is just a banner...not great for intercom.

Amazon Alexa calling works better in this respect - call to iPhone from echo shows as call screen like you would get when a normal call comes through with a 'slide to answer' slider. Can slide and your there.

Fibaro is notification - click notification - opens app - press green button to answer call.

On testing I’ve had a few failed notifications and no calls have come through which is worrying. Seems notifications are not always coming through. Email sent to support.

Notification is inconsistent, most notifications are timely and fast, however quite often they are delayed or even do not come trough - a improvement of the notification system would be very helpful.