Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

dimmer 2 devices and how to use it

Ravaoo

Question

When i installed a dimmer2 and connected it to mij hc2 it created a set of devices.

One is de dimmer to put on of or control light power

One is a remote switch. How can i use this? 

I see 4 numbered events where i can activate scenes. 

The manual is verry verry basic and does not tell the full operation and nothing about programming on hc2.

What i understand is:

push puls switch once: lights on to previus power strength

push puls switch again once: lights out

Pusch puls switch two times : lights to maximum

How can ik regulate light strength with the puls switch?  Or is this not posible?

Then programming.

Can i read puls switch events to scenes? Is this done bij de remote switch device? What is event 12,13,14 and 16?

Can ik opperate de dimmer bij programming and ignore puls switch actions ( i want to use the puls switch actions in custom scenes).

A lot of questions. I hope there will be some answers. Thanks for that.

3 answers to this question

24 minutes ago, Ravaoo said:

One is a remote switch. How can i use this? 

You cannot use it per se. It is how your switch is recognized by your Home Center. I would just hide it by activating "hide from system" in advanced tab.

Hello @Ravaoo!

I think many of your questions are answered here:

Please login or register to see this link.

Controlling using an external switch

Momentary switch (after releasing the switch a spring automatically pushes back and disconnects the switch):

• Turning the light ON/OFF: change the position of switch no. 1. The Dimmer 2 will be activated always at previously set brightness level.
  • Brightening/dimming the light: hold switch no. 1 down. When the switch is held down, the Dimmer 2 will always reach the extreme value of 1% or 99%.
  • Turning the light ON completely: fast double-click switch no. 1. The Dimmer 2 will set the load at 99%.

Toggle switch (operates as a two-position switch, it has no spring that would set one position of the switch):

• Turning the light ON/OFF: toggle switch no. 1. The Dimmer 2 will be activated always at previously set brightness level.
  • Turning the light ON completely: toggle twice switch no. 1. The Dimmer 2 will set the load at 99%.

What is more, at the end there is a hefty FAQ section : )

23 minutes ago, Ravaoo said:

How can ik regulate light strength with the puls switch?  Or is this not posible?

Yes it is possible. But you have to use a momentary switch. Then by pressing and holding the switch you can dim the light i 1% steps. The step-level can be changed in the Advanced tab om the module.