Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Double switch delay at turn on at wall switch

Guest Bastian

Question

Guest Bastian

Hello,

i had installed a double switch 2 in a two-way curcuit. The function over the Fibaro app and scenes are Ok.

But if turn on or off the lights manually with the wall switch there is a delay of reaction/of turning of the lamps of 1 second.  Without the double switch there is no delay.

Is this a "normal" reaction/restriction with which i have to live or could i change this in parameters of the double switch?

Just for info: the double switch is just 2 meters away from the HC2 installed so i think it is not an range promblem.

Thank you and best regards

5 answers to this question

You can perform a soft reconfiguration of the device or even the whole mesh network if that won't work.

Hi @Bastian,

Did you set parameter 10 (delay on S1 terminal) and parameter 15 (delay on S2 terminal) to value 1 - Delay On or parames 28 and 29 for values 1 or larger?

Regards,

Jakub

Guest Bastian
  • Inquirer
  • Hi,

soft/whol config of the network had not changed the behaviour. I tried this several times.

The parameters 10 and 15 are at the "0 - standard operation" value. So i think without any delay. 

Param 28 and 29 is the S1/S2 scene switch in my config side. I am not sure what you mean wir "value 1 or larger" as i can only check/uncheck the boxes for "key pressed one time, key pressed two times, key pressed threee times, key pressed down". All boxes in parameter 28 and 29 are unchecked.

Any other ideas?

I just wonder if this problem perhaps could be a ceiling lamp problem and not a fibaro switch problem? The lamp is a around 5 or 6 years old and have 5 x GU10 halogen lamps.

Best regards

Did you ever resolve this?

I have a similar issue with Fibaro Double Switch, connected to smartthings.

The fibaro is wired to a toggle switch (standard light switch).

Parameter 20 switch type is set to 2 for toggle switch - change switch on change state.

There is a delay of just under a second when operating the switch until the relay responds (hearing a click).

If you operate the switch again during this delay, it doesn't register.

So what happens is, someone switches the light, and it doesn't respond immediately, so they switch it back, still nothing, so they flick it back again - basically 3 toggles in quick succession and the light does nothing!

Then I get called to say the switch is not working properly.

It really needs a faster reaction time for it to be acceptable to regular end users. If it doesn't operate responsively like a regular light switch it gets frustrating.

How can I speed up the reaction time?