Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Intercom - external relays

pfirry

Question

Does anyone have experience with connecting and configuring the external relays - the available documentation and the manuals are very poor and minimalistic.  Thank you

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

hi there,

same question here. The manual is not very specific on the wireing.

Am I rigth that I can connect an electronic door opener like this?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

And how about a door bell? Is there a place to wire the bell, so it's making noise if somen presses the button on the intercom?

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2018_01/2018-01-24_10-15-51.png.475eed69576871e0b077d0acdf03dd39.png" />

I'm aware that it will make a notification on the iOS App. But there should be also a notification if no iOS device is around.

Any clues?

BR - kro

Edited by kroeatschge

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".

On 20. 1. 2018 at 6:27 PM, pfirry said:

Does anyone have experience with connecting and configuring the external relays - the available documentation and the manuals are very poor and minimalistic.  Thank you

With Fibaro app you can set relay type (NC/NO) and duration for how long relay will be "turned on". If you want to use some external relays, then i would suggest Intercom plugin in HC2 and use Intercom events in the scenes.

On 24. 1. 2018 at 10:19 AM, kroeatschge said:

And how about a door bell? Is there a place to wire the bell, so it's making noise if somen presses the button on the intercom?

I'm aware that it will make a notification on the iOS App. But there should be also a notification if no iOS device is around.

Any clues?

BR - kro

Hi @kroeatschge,

I would suggest to add Fibaro intercom plugin to your Homecenter. There you can create a scenes, that could trigger relay with Bell connected. Plugin uses websockets, so HC should be able to read, that call button on intercom was pusshed.

On 24. 1. 2018 at 10:19 AM, kroeatschge said:

Am I rigth that I can connect an electronic door opener like this?

Scheme seems wrong to me.

With electronic opener, i would go with this scheme from

:

It means, that + from power supply will be conneected to one of the R1 and from other R1 you connect wire to Door opener. GND go from opener back to power supply.

Best regards,

Jakub

• Thanks 1

@jakub.jezek thx for the input. I think I will try to get the information that the call button was pressed in HC2. If that works I'll find a way. Specifically I'm thinking of using a scene to trigger

Tasker App which is running on my Samsung Tablet that is fixed at a wall in the hallway. Then have it play a sound or do something spooky to enjoy my family members ;D.

about the opener:

I thought Configurable relay outputs 30V/1A means the intercom can provide the power for the strike lock.

Also the sentence not designed for long-term supplying of exernal devices made me belive it does supply 30V for a short time. For the electronic opener it would be 3 seconds.

What's the 30V/1A then?

thanks - kro

Edit: well it's a relay ... therefor I guess I wasn't reading well enough. It will just switch the other circuit. I'll ask my electrican to add an additional power supply for the electronic opener.

Edited by kroeatschge

32 minutes ago, kroeatschge said:

@jakub.jezek thx for the input. I think I will try to get the information that the call button was pressed in HC2. If that works I'll find a way. Specifically I'm thinking of using a scene to trigger

Plugin uses websocket, which is great in long-term communication. It is also a lot better than REST.

34 minutes ago, kroeatschge said:

I thought Configurable relay outputs 30V/1A means the intercom can provide the power for the strike lock.

Also the sentence not designed for long-term supplying of exernal devices made me belive it does supply 30V for a short time. For the electronic opener it would be 3 seconds.

Well, in manual there is max. 30V, so you should be able to connect everything from 0 - 30V.

But you have to have SELV circuit. Good stuff (description) about SELV

41 minutes ago, kroeatschge said:

What's the 30V/1A then?

Maximum, that Intercoms relays can handle.

attached ext button script (connected to NO2),

- it emulates incoming call events (so one can make use of it in other scenes via intercom plugin)

- it records calls when external button has been pressed

- it sends push to (one, add more if you need) iOS device. 

Note: push is linked to Fibaro App, not Intercom App, so when you open it, you have to go to Videogates and open door,

when you wish to speak run instead Intercom app manually. Unfortunately don't know (yet)

the Fibaro's Intercom Push Server, so i can't link the push directly there)

- it turns on/off external Bell

Please login or register to see this code.

• Like 2